HKPRO Forums banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just when ya' think the mark 23 couldn't be improved.........

Hurry up and start selling them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

definately let us know when they are for sale!!!!

Wiley, you are the best!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
Re: Aluminum MK 23 Floorplate Update With Pics

Wiley sent me one to test out and try to destroy it. I could not do it. I dropped it 10 times empty and half full (6 rounds) from a height of 5 feet onto dirt/mud, golf ball sized gravel, and concrete. I expected to trash a SOCOM mag in the process. After dropping it between 60 and 70 times total, including some with the pistol at 45 degrees pointed down so it would fall differently, it seems that no matter what I did the mag hit on the back edge of the floor plate. The floor plate was very scratched up and dented but the magazine, except for minor scratches from falling over in the gravel and on the concrete, was totally undamaged and fully 100% functional. Once I recoated the mag with Aluma-Hyde II and put back on the HK floor plate you could not tell it had ever been used. These are really nice floor plates being extremely well made and the caliber engraving is flawless. One thing you will notice when you put it on is that the floor plate catch that sticks down in the center hole does not come all the way down. The reason is the floor plate is much thicker at this point than it is on the HK mag. The floor plate is solid, not cut out in the center so that makes it look like the catch is not fully seated. It is.
Trust me brother, the wait will be worth it!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Re: Aluminum MK 23 Floorplate Update With Pics

Thanks

Big Bore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Re: Aluminum MK 23 Floorplate Update On Ebay

Our wrb site is giveing us some problems so we put some on Ebay

MK 23 Flooorplates on Ebay

I sent one to Big Bore to eval for me and this is what he did

10 drops empty on grass and dirt.
10 drops half full on grass and dirt (tactical reload).
10 drops empty on large road gravel-golf ball to tennis ball size.
10 drops half full on large road gravel-golf ball to tennis ball size (tactical reload).
10 drops on concrete empty.
10 drops on concrete half full (tactical reload).

here are a few pics of what was left.

I want post the whole eval but the only problems he had were when it hit the concrete with no rounds in it the follower would try to come out of the mag body and 6 of the 10 times the floor plate came unlatched but did not come off.

When I hit the concrete loaded it ejected rounds form the mag 3 times

Thes are advanced prototype and have a tool mark on the left and right side from trying to see how fast we could run them the production floor plates will not have this.

The Ebay acount is my bosses not mine so that is why the contact info is different

Thanks

And Thank You Big Bore

Wiley

PS : we are working on others.

G

·

[ QUOTE ]
The Ebay acount is my bosses not mine so that is why the contact info is different

[/ QUOTE ]I'm looking forward to the day when it won't be necessary to buy them on ebay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
And Thank You Big Bore

[/ QUOTE ]Indeed! I hope he didn't get his hands scratched up along with the mags.

[ QUOTE ]
PS : we are working on others.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm looking forward to that too. Any chance of other mag parts being made?

·
Registered
10 Posts

Are there any plans to make hard rubber ones with finger extensions?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·

[ QUOTE ]
I'm looking forward to the day when it won't be necessary to buy them on ebay. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
You and me both but the guy we had working on our web site just did not work out/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Any chance of other mag parts being made?

[/ QUOTE ] maybe some followers but we are not set up to make bodys.

Sinatra

All the stuff we make will be metal we dont have the stuff to mold with.

but we do plan on makeing ones with finger extensions and round count extensions.

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts

[ QUOTE ]

but we do plan on makeing ones with finger extensions and round count extensions.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be in for round count extensions for sure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Waz

·
Registered
59 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
here are a few pics of what was left.

[/ QUOTE ]

How about some done in HT 4340? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

They look nice! Be sure to keep us updated on the status of the company website!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·

I was thinking of makeing a few out of A2 but that might be a bit much.

And about the tool marks on the floor plates I looked today and out of the 150 we have maybe 25% of them have some kind of tool mark the rest are clean. I will keep the one with tool marks until they are all I have Left then discount them. I will get pics when I can.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·

These Will work on a Tac but will not look right.

In the next few week I will also make some for the USPF 45 that will fit your Tac like they sould.

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
These Will work on a Tac but will not look right.

In the next few week I will also make some for the USPF 45 that will fit your Tac like they sould.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have any approximate date of when your going to make the tac45 with finger extensions? Can you also post a pic of the tooling marks that you mentioned? I wouldnt mind buying those because the floorplates will be hitting the floor anyways! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 ·

This is what the tool marks look like

it is that line on the side

I dont have a date on the 45f but I am hopeing I can get some made and finshed by the end of AUG

Thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts

Got mine yesterday. Fit, finish, and quality are great!
Thanks James. And thank Mike for me! Well done indeed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·

bigdaddy

Thanks

And I will thank Mike.

Wiley

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wiley,

Came across your threads from 2004 and this one. Sent you a PM but thought I'd post here too to see if anyone else might know anything. Have you produced or are you still planning to produce any base plates for the USP45f?

I'm working on a project using cut-down 20rd Promag bodies to make 15rd mags for use with the Jet Funnel on my Tac .45. I was hoping to find some contoured floor plates that would marry up to the jet funnel or at least come close.

Alternatively, some +3 extenstions to the 12rd mags that were countoured to look close to the way the Jet Funnel installed mags look would work too.

Thank you in advance for any info you can share.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the link F22! I sent him a PM. I knew there had to have been someone else out there that had done this or was planning to. Unfortunately, HK is out of stock of jet funnel mag floor plates as they are with almost all their parts it seems whenever I call. I'd prefer a solid metal floor plate over plastic though even if it wasn't an exact recreation of the HK design to provide a better drop and act as a sacrificial piece that would hit the ground first and protect the rest of the mag.

If anyone knows of anyone making floor plates that are or could be modified to work with the Jet Funnel, please PM me.

Thanks in advance!

61 - 80 of 83 Posts