HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never like to express in percentages because I don’t know quite what that means – but does anybody really call this excellent?
FDF82974-FD5E-4E65-AE2B-68E3C9B34A7D.jpeg

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
In my opinion, for HK's and HK fans, there is an understood higher standard of grading for sure- Excellent in Hk terms should pretty much be "like new"- That ↑ is not excellent for any brand-

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not even close to Excellent...by anyone’s standards. I can understand a questionable call about a little bit of wear, but that’s just blatant lying!

·
Registered
28 Posts
It should look like new to be called excellent condition. That's horrible!

Reactions: HKBJJ

·
Registered
641 Posts
In my opinion, for HK's and HK fans, there is an understood higher standard of grading for sure- Excellent in Hk terms should pretty much be "like new"- That ↑ is not excellent for any brand-
It doesn't matter if it is an HK or not. Excellent should be real close to pristine.
IF the brand doesn't put out a pristine New In Box firearm then a Excellent rating may not be deserved even if they are brand new.

Percent ratings are subjective and can be confusing but they are industry standard and there's a reference that applies. The process also takes into account the 'understood higher standard' that the gun may start out at when it is manufactured by HK as compared to say Rock Island/Armscor

The manufacturing rarity, higher level of fitting and finish, higher level of reliability all factor into the price more than the rating. A HK may cost more and a HK fan may be willing to pay more but a 100% HK is LNIB and a 100% Hi-Point is a LNIB Hi-Point. (I am told there are Hi-Point fans. I might even have met a few. MOST of them are either unwilling to pay for a HK OR they simply do not have access and opportunity to do so. I recall one gent who was going to be traveling abroad where he could have a Hi-Point legally but if he got caught with a HK he'd have spent decades in prison.)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I would get a quote to have the slide refinished and have the seller pay for it.
If they’re so ignorant or deceitful to call that finish “Excellent”, why would I trust them about anything else concerning the gun? 🤔

Hard pass if I can’t put my hands on it first...

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I think those terms are relative to one's opinion. Excellent to me would be that it goes bang, the finish is worn out but if the HE treatment works as it should then it's just a cosmetic problem. Use it as intended. Safe queens are like keeping a hot woman ready for the next guy.

·
Registered
233 Posts
If they’re so ignorant or deceitful to call that finish “Excellent”, why would I trust them about anything else concerning the gun?

Hard pass if I can’t put my hands on it first...
Op didn’t see this before hand. It’s not always possible to get hands on it. And it’s kinda difficult to “hard pass” when you already bought it.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Use it as intended. Safe queens are like keeping a hot woman ready for the next guy.
There’s always that guy.
Everyone has the right to expect the things they buy to be as advertised. How that equates to someone not using their equipment, or leaving their hot wife/girlfriend for the next guy, is just stupid. Like virtue signaling that you’re such a bad ass, that you should expect an item described as “excellent” only has to be functional.

Gtfo. Go sharpen your knives on the sidewalk.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Op didn’t see this before hand. It’s not always possible to get hands on it. And it’s kinda difficult to “hard pass” when you already bought it.
Well, OP said that based on the photo he showed, he asked for more photos...so that doesn’t sound like he bought it before he saw this disconnect between description and actual condition.

And unless it was some screaming deal (like $100), that would be enough of a red flag that I would walk away.

Reactions: Warranty

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
OP, whoever said that pistol is in excellent condition lied about the condition...clearly...or is a dummy

Reactions: Warranty
1 - 20 of 31 Posts