HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
“Shooter grade, shows wear, in working condition” would be more accurate. There’s no universe in which that’s “excellent condition”. IMO Excellent condition is or is close to LNIB condition i.e. no signs of use or handling marks.

·
Premium Member
3,002 Posts
Excellent means some light cosmetic handling marks at worst. Like a few shiny surface rubs on a polymer frame or some faint surface lines on an otherwise black slide. Anything that has damage like a scratch that goes below the finish, a gouge or scrape in the polymer, or in this case, an entire area with the finish basically missing should be very good or worse, depending on the specifics.

Like-new means like new. Excellent should not mean like-new as some of you are saying. Any used gun is going to have SOME form of light wear, even if you don't notice it immediately. To assume someone advertising a gun as "excellent" will be providing a gun that literally looks NIB will likely lead to some disappointment.

·
Priest of the P7
5,084 Posts
Agreed -- that seller is being intentionally misleading and you should not only pass on the pistol but strike them from your list of worthy sellers. Nobody in their right mind actually believes that is "excellent" condition.

There's certainly nothing wrong with buying a shooter to abuse, but the misrepresentation is dishonest and unforgivable.

·
Registered
5,459 Posts
I'm old school when it comes to grading guns...95% etc is how I'm used to grading...who ever came up with 'Excellent' etc., gives too wide of gaps for interpretation. My grading on this particular pistol would be roughly 35%...maybe

·
Registered
227 Posts
I think those terms are relative to one's opinion. Excellent to me would be that it goes bang, the finish is worn out but if the HE treatment works as it should then it's just a cosmetic problem. Use it as intended. Safe queens are like keeping a hot woman ready for the next guy.
Except in this case, the "next guy" is the OP and he purchased what was advertised as hot, and it was not...

·
Registered
37 Posts
If I really wanted it.... I would just have the slide intruded and replace all the user replaceable parts.... but whatever the price is... definitely needs a discount

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
Except in this case, the "next guy" is the OP and he purchased what was advertised as hot, and it was not...
Still hot if it's working, just a very well used hot.
When the seller [by the way I'm not the seller] sent pics of the worn finish, that's all the visual facts the buyer needs to make a choice.

I would rather buy a worn out gun and be able to tell if it has rust than a gun that has been reblued.

The OP didn't mention the price of the gun, is he paying MSRP? Would you guys pay $400-450 for that? I would, it has already been established and tested that HK handguns are reliable and serviceable, so to me cosmetic differences are not an issue. For a piece of mind I would send it to Marine0303 to change the internals.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hmm.....it might grade on the excellent side of poor.....

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm not sure where I saw it, but I saw someone describe a gun as "mint" and hardly fired in the same sentence...

To me "mint" means 100% as new in the box only fired at the factory.

If you hardly fired it then say "as new'

21 - 31 of 31 Posts