HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks just looking for some input on how long it's taking to get my Cetme back from the GS. I bought it on 16-DEC-11 and returned it for warranty repair since the bolt gap had shrunk from .006 to .003 from cleaning it. They have had it since 12-JAN-12 and today they said that their gunsmith, " Can't work miracles overnight. " I had requested they repress the barrel and replace the locking piece, rollers, bolt head and extractor. Seems to me this shouldn't take a competent smith this long. Especially since I gave them the parts list AND what sites they could readily order the parts from. The sellers warranty runs out on 16-MAR-12 and I am starting to feel like they are just stringing me along until the warranty runs out. I DO have the option of selecting a different firearm from the store but no refund. What do you folks think?

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
More than likely, they haven't a clue and are trying to get help or ship it out to someone who CAN work on it.

All depends on what you want to do. If you really like it, wait for it. Otherwise find something better and bail out of the gun. Is this a Century build?

·
Banned
599 Posts
if you consider the waiting time not to work for you ( what i can understand causse life is to short and has nothing todo with impatient) you might consider to change out rollers to a smaller or bigger size

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Shaterred, yes it IS a Century build. I talked to Guillie about it and based on what he advised I asked that they repress the barrel, replace the locking piece, bolt head, rollers and extractor and spring. I figure they owe me that much since it was really bad. It was a ' used ' gun otherwise I might have sent it to Century. And to be honest I asked for all those replacement parts to be put in since I figured they would already have it torn down so they might as well just swap them all and start from scratch.

19-FEB-12 : They have now had it to their " Gun Smith " for a month + 1 week.....STILL no news.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SHE'S BACK!!!!

Bolt Gap at .014" before firing. Hopefully she holds at that or around .012"!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shmexy little gun there... Ok, not so little gun there... Glad it came back unhacked.
Thanks! Just wait until I get me a scope rail, a red dot and an HK black wide front guard with a bi-pod! ;)

·
Registered
279 Posts
That's one of the best looking CAI's I have seen. Hope it shoots well for you. My cetme would shoot all ammo while my ptr was picky. The cetme's bolt seemed heavier and the recoil on the cetme was not bad at all. Love the curved mag look. Black roller locks love to play dress up more than a little girls barbie. Enjoy man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts