HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all! So I have been trying to find a USP Compact in 9mm for a while now. Literally no gun store locally has any except for one. They want $1200 for it......is this about the going rate of these now?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I thought it seemed awfully high. I know it is crazy times, but still seems inflated. Wish these were easier to find! Ugh

·
Registered
319 Posts
Why don't you buy one from a member here? They pop up fairly often. Also in the heads up section links get posted from time to time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Trying to collect ALL the HK pistols
408 Posts
My LGS just sold an "AG" one he took in for trade for 700 in April. I paid 575 plus shipping & transfer for my "BB" code USP9c a little over 18 months ago. It may take some looking but there are much better priced ones out there.

Reactions: 0311S and RetropM

·
Registered
67 Posts
I just bought three USP-C for $699 each off Gunbroker. They are the recent imports with the importer markings on the slide. Other than that all were brand new guns in the box. I know some don't like the importer markings but I didn't care since these are going to be carry guns for myself and my two sons. We've already shot the crap out of them and they're just what you'd expect from a USP - Utterly reliable.

So if you want a great shooter at a great price consider one of the imports.

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Bought a new USPC 9mm at my local LGS date code CB for $899.00 in April.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Good afternoon all! So I have been trying to find a USP Compact in 9mm for a while now. Literally no gun store locally has any except for one. They want $1200 for it......is this about the going rate of these now?

Thanks all!
Yes......800 dollar gun in the best of times!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wait for a gun show I saw here in Florida a load of H&K's at the last gun show. See when they have one in your area.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Yes......800 dollar gun in the best of times!
To be fair, they went for $900 in 1998, and $900 was a lot more money back then.

In fact, $800 in 1998 is $1289 today, adjusted for inflation.

No, I don’t think it should be a $1200 pistol, but USPC’s have never been priced cheap.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I just bought three USP-C for $699 each off Gunbroker. They are the recent imports with the importer markings on the slide. Other than that all were brand new guns in the box. I know some don't like the importer markings but I didn't care since these are going to be carry guns for myself and my two sons. We've already shot the crap out of them and they're just what you'd expect from a USP - Utterly reliable.

So if you want a great shooter at a great price consider one of the imports.
I bought one of these from GM's shop a while back, and overall I'm pretty happy with it. The site didn't mention the import markings and I didn't find out until it arrived at my FFL, but the price was fair compared to the normal HK USA imported USPc 9's.

Mine had minor wear on the textured part of the grip which I managed to fix, and one of the latches was broken on the case. Not a big deal since I already bought couple of those nylon handgun cases from the HK shop.

·
Registered
144 Posts
It's not a rip off unless you pay it. FWIW, I got my USP Elite 45 for that price.

Reactions: 0311S and RetropM

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sportsman's guide had some of what I think are the Italian import 9mm USB compacts imported by AmChar, huge distributor, for $719 (gone now). I bought one last week as they were advertised as new. The they contacted me to clarify that it was a "LEO trade in" not a new gun :( They offered me a $75 gift card, even if I did do not accept the gun, so with a secret $20 discount code "Warpoet" the guns was 699 and I used the $75 + coupon again to get a set of Trijicons. I pickup the gun tomorrow and my expectation is it will be in nice shape. It suspect it will have the lengthy "Amchar wholesale South Carolina blah blah" import mark on left side of slide, which I may have my local gunsmith remove & duracoat slide when I have the sights installed (it is legal to remove import marks, check BATF before you tell me I'm wrong :). If it is not in excellent shape I will not accept it. Also that SG coupon is valid for purchases of $100 or more. I have used it many times in last year, but time to share it (which means it won't be available for long...).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Even with the price adjusted for inflation that's high for a USP. Even if they're new they're still dated insofar as being compared to the options and triggers that come standard on HKs these days, particularly in that price range. Don't get me wrong, a USP with a match trigger kit installed is a wonderful thing.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Just my opinion: If you can't find a decently-priced USPCc but find a P2000, you won't be disappointed!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts