HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted a WTB for an MR556 BCG, was PM’d by a member offering one. 8 months and 8 posts, so I asked for a time stamped photo. Please tell me I’m not losing my mind and this is photoshopped.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Starting pistol

Before I throw the guy under the bus I’d like someone’s input who is more tech savvy than me. Based on the image, shadows, coloring, etc - it’s photoshopped. This is more of a sanity check than anything. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
That's why a Feedback system is important, also requesting an account verification with a credit card also important.

xxxxxxguntrader.com is now requesting credit card verification and the amount of scammers is almost at zero.... you no longer see a brand new account selling a SP5k for $1,500

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Hkpor had feedback but with the new format, it was lost they are trying to get it back on this form. What will also save you is Google the scammer's email 9 times out of 10 they use the same email saved me from a fake MR556.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Screw that liberal site.
We should have feedback but screw that site.
I'm not a liberal (lost my grandfather in the civil war fighting for Generalissimo Franco against the commies), and I've been there for 20 years, never saw any liberal there either, maybe you had bad luck and interact with one... but those usually don't last.
Remember 2020 and 2021 are pandemic years, so lots of new people were looking at guns.
Every time I have a chance to convince a liberal to like guns, I'm there, offer to take them shooting, show them gun safety, answering all their questions that msnbc and cnn lie about. remember liberal are not necessarily bad people, most of the times they are misinformed.....
Don't fight back, educate them.....
we are all 2A ambassadors...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Posted a WTB for an MR556 BCG, was PM’d by a member offering one. 8 months and 8 posts, so I asked for a time stamped photo. Please tell me I’m not losing my mind and this is photoshopped.

View attachment 309535
Before I throw the guy under the bus I’d like someone’s input who is more tech savvy than me. Based on the image, shadows, coloring, etc - it’s photoshopped. This is more of a sanity check than anything. Thanks.
Yes. This is PhotoShop. How do I know??? Long-winded answer---- Look at the L-R sides of the paper. See the jagged steps??? See how they are bilaterally symmetric to the center of the paper??? Meaning, the jaggeds on the left go left and the jaggeds on the right go right. This is from using the Edit>Transform>skew tool in Photoshop. the artifacts that form (jaggeds) are more apparent in small-size images. When you skew a photo from its center, both sides have jagged artifacts that are mirrored. Also, find a piece of real paper and use the corner of that piece of real paper and level the top of it with the top line (rule) of the paper in the photo. Now move the left edge of the real paper to the intersection of the vertical and horizontal rule (line) in the photo. You will see that the red vertical line (rule) in the photo is skewed along with the edge of the paper in the photo. Fake. And, yeah, no shadow under the paper.. He should have used the rotate tool and aligned the top edge of the fake paper with the top edge of the BCG and he would have been done. And some shadow.

Cheers

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks dudes. Wound up examining metadata and pixel layering, there are some good tools out there. The scaling, lighting, shadow, and other characteristics mentioned were enough to back me away from the sale.

That image was sent by Coyote Ranger

1 - 20 of 29 Posts