HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have successfully (almost) replaced the V1 lever on my .45 Compact with the V2 lever--everything works fine, except the lever will not function as a decocker now--all other functions are OK.

Can you suggest why this might happen?

Thanks!

Tim

·
Registered
239 Posts
Is it a variant 10 detent plate without a decock position. I haven't ever changed mine, so I'm not competent to tell you what else could be wrong regarding perhaps an improper re-assembly. BIG BORE or some of the other wizards of the PRO may be able to guide you.

·
Registered
82 Posts
There is a little flag looking metal piece with a spring around the "flag pole" portion of it. This piece returns your control lever after de-cocking. Check that it is not hanging up on something. That is all that comes immediately to mind. Sorry, just got off work...12 hour shift..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, all. It was a burr/roughness on the edge of the detent plate--the V1 safety, being right next to the detent plate, had just a bit more mechanical advantage than the V2 on the far side of the gun. I didn't want to force anything.

All is working well now.

Tim

·
Registered
101 Posts
Tim: I am starting to research converting my USPc from V1 to V2. Did you find any good links on how to do it or where to buy the parts?

Thanks,
Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts