HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Century C-93 a couple weeks ago from my local gun shop... The tolerances are good on it and I've put about 300 rounds through it since I picked it up. This isn't my first Century rifle. I also own a SAR-1 and Mosin-Nagant 91/30 that are Century guns and haven't had any problems with them either. I've been reading a lot of posts on here (and other forums) about Century quality. Am I just lucky or are they not as bad as people say they are?

-Matt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be a couple weeks before I can get the gap measurements I have written down. I'm back in ND at work. As for 2000 rounds? Who knows if I'll still have the C-93 when that milestone happens lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
I dont know if its a matter of luck or not. My C93 has been run everything I throw at it and it sits at .05 bolt gap. As you know, that's below the acceptable limits of gap that everyone says it is. Not one failure to feed or eject......maybe I got lucky too, that or the tolerances are a little more forgiving than people think.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Do you mean .005? Because .050 is huge, way past spec.

The C93 are a crap shoot as has been said. Not all of them are junk out of the box, just most of them.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
.005 gap is pretty small for a "new" C93. The upper limit is .020 if I am not mistaken.

My Coharie and PTR are both toward the upper end of the tolerance.

My C93 (very early gun, in the first batch made way back when), was .006 and dropped off to nil in short order before it's trip back to Century.

Now it sits 0.014 with standard rollers, and that I can deal with.

I would ship it, but that is just me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Century provides a service for us to get our hands on these fine implements of war and even if they are toast outta the gate they can still be re-built. Or...you can buy a HK33 for 2000.00...Basically you are buying an HK just not the receiver or Barrel (I think). Good job you will love this rifle.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Ya can't count the Mosin... There's nothing to "build" there, and they were already made by people who drank vodka by the waterglass... ;)

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Thanks JTinIN, lemme bone up on my model specs. I will say this they sure are pretty.
Welcome to HK Pro, even though some of us (i.e. me ;-) were giving you a hard time. I was also remembering back to the 90's when a full auto HK33 could be had for that price and the Flemming sears were $400 or $15 more than I paid for my first HK91 (owner has fired the classic box of ammo so was used ;-).

Friend has a shop and have looked at his C93s several times, but don't need another light 223 host (you know you are getting old when you are working on cutting down on the number of host guns), now one of Mike's MM13Ks or one of Jeff's baby dragon's (53K) would be different .....

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Mosins are rock solid and should not be in the same sentence as C93

One drunk Russian is worth 4 drunken Century monkeys

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm back in ND at work.
Must be one of those evil transient workers I keep hearing so much about :wink: lol

You should be making enough money to splurge on something more costly than a century, if that's the case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Must be one of those evil transient workers I keep hearing so much about :wink: lol

You should be making enough money to splurge on something more costly than a century, if that's the case.
Yes, I'm evil oil field trash, helping to destroy Mother Earth :wink:
Firearms are a hobby and stress reliever for me... I can't justify dropping thousands of $$$ on guns. At least that's what my wife says!

·
Registered
95 Posts
My C93 is holding at .011 after 400-500 rounds. I did have to send in my first one because the rear sight base was welded so crooked that extreme windage adjustments didn't do a damn bit of good. Turn around was 2-3 weeks.

I hear that they are drying up. Is this true?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts