HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't decide which variant to get and was leaning toward the DA/SA until so many folks here endorsed the LEM. Seems like there's no real advantage of the DA/SA over the LEM and the LEM has a few over the DA/SA, one of which is a heavier spring/hammer drop, so I am getting the LEM. My local dealer called me this morning and said he had a P2000SK .40 S&W LEM new in the box with two magazines for $860. He didn't know which variant of the LEM it was, but I told him I wanted it anyway. Am I missing something or aren’t the different LEM variations simply a difference in the weight of the trigger pull that I can easily adjust myself after buying it with some new springs? (if I even want to)

Thanks to all of you for all the info you have given me while I have been researching this over the last couple of months. Mine will be here tomorrow - I can't wait!

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Yes, they are just different trigger pull weight.
It usually comes as V2 LEM (standard) from factory, unless you special order it. Just replace 2 springs and you'll have a V1 (Light) LEM.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Let us know how you like it, I love my P2KSK .40 S&W LEM!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Yes, they are just different trigger pull weight.
It usually comes as V2 LEM (standard) from factory, unless you special order it. Just replace 2 springs and you'll have a V1 (Light) LEM.
Night and day budd :) I'm a v1 fan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
There is a lot of talk about v1 vs. v2 for a defensive carry weapon. Do some searching on here for light LEM for carry. There's also some trigger reset issues with the v1 light LEM because the trigger return spring (TRS) doesn't have a whole lot of power to reset the trigger with enough force in all situations for some folks. Personally, I think the v1 with its 4.5# trigger pull is too light for a carry gun. I opted for a modified v2 in which I changed out the firing pin block spring (FPBS) to the lighter version and it dropped the pull into the 7.5# range. Perfect, for me. YMMV.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is a lot of talk about v1 vs. v2 for a defensive carry weapon. Do some searching on here for light LEM for carry. There's also some trigger reset issues with the v1 light LEM because the trigger return spring (TRS) doesn't have a whole lot of power to reset the trigger with enough force in all situations for some folks. Personally, I think the v1 with its 4.5# trigger pull is too light for a carry gun. I opted for a modified v2 in which I changed out the firing pin block spring (FPBS) to the lighter version and it dropped the pull into the 7.5# range. Perfect, for me. YMMV.
Did you do this yourself or have a gunsmith help you out? I have never disassembled a gun further than field stripping it for cleaning and am a little intimidated at the idea of doing surgery on one.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Did you do this yourself or have a gunsmith help you out? I have never disassembled a gun further than field stripping it for cleaning and am a little intimidated at the idea of doing surgery on one.
It's easy to do yourself. You only need the light FPBS spring (from HK Parts) and a roll pin punch. Took me less than ten minutes. There is a tutorial thread somewhere on here with photos. Let me know if you can't find it.

·
Registered
596 Posts
It's easy to do yourself. You only need the light FPBS spring (from HK Parts) and a roll pin punch. Took me less than ten minutes. There is a tutorial thread somewhere on here with photos. Let me know if you can't find it.
Ditto. I carry the same setup and love it. I ran light LEM on my USP45c for a while and love the way it feels and shoots... but prefer more positive trigger reset on a carry gun. My primary concern is it feels like one misplaced grain of sand or chunk of lint could prevent trigger reset on the light LEM. Not so on the mid-LEM ("Todd Green Special").

1 - 8 of 8 Posts