HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a Match Trigger system [sans the actual trigger] into my HK USP Compact .45.

It does feel MUCH better in DA than my polished-guts stock USP Compact .45 trigger pull, even though it had already had the 12 lb mainspring installed.

The trigger is now liveable in DA. It still isn't as smooth and light as my Sig P220 Combat or my Ruger P97DC.

HOWEVER, the reason for my thread is some confusion when I was installing the trigger parts.

There were 8 parts in the Match Trigger Kit:
  1. Trigger
  2. Trigger return spring
  3. Trigger overtravel stop
  4. Trigger overtravel stop allen wrench
  5. Nickle Sear Spring [called a 'flat spring' on HK Net]
  6. Catch
  7. Match Hammer
  8. 11lb Main/Hammer spring

HOWEVER, the description on HK Net's website says the kit includes the 'sear'.

This link is to a 'catch', http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Catch-for-HK-USP-Compact-200p1176.htm.

It is clearly visable [well, a non-compact version is] in the picture for the HK Match Trigger Kit http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-USP-Match-Trigger-Conversion-Kit-200p1039.htm.;

The following link is to an actual HK USP Sear: http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Sear-Complete-For-All-USP-Pistols-200p1173.htm

If you look at the HK USP Match Trigger kit picture at any of the places that sell it [Top Gun Supply, HK Parts, and other places I've seen links to], they show the same kit photo.

I've done a search and gotten five pages of 'hits' on 'Match Trigger'. I've read all that seemed relevent [over half of them]. I've found people referring to Match Trigger Sear to Match Trigger Hammer engagement.

But there is NO MATCH SEAR in this kit! Or, am I completely wrong?

Did my kit come without the appropriate part? It looks the same as the pictures from all the resellers.

Is everyone in these topics/threads referring to the 'catch' when they actually talk about the Match Trigger Sear?

Is there some secret Match Trigger Sear that is NOT part of this kit I need?

I'm confused.

Again, I installed it and function-checked it with snap-caps.

It feels significantly better than it used to. I am pretty content with it now.

But, if there actually IS a Match Sear to install that I didn't get, I need to request it. Or find a reseller.

·
Registered
955 Posts
I have a USP 45 which I had Travis at HK convert to the "combat competition"/"Match-LEM" trigger set up. There is an absolute difference in the sears between this USP 45 and my other USP 45. The sear part number is not listed on my work order or else I would give it to you. I would call HK and ask for Travis so he could order it for you. I would not go any lower than your 12 pound hammer spring for fear of misfires if this is a carry pistol. BTW, the "match" trigger assemblies should be fitted by HK or a qualified HK armorer in order to get the most out of them. I'm glad to hear that yours is already much improved. Let me know how you make out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip. I'll call Travis on Monday.

However, you added the Match-LEM setup.

Mine is just a 'match' setup.

Is the sear different for a Match DA/SA and a regular USP DA/SA?

I would expect the sear to be different for a LEM setup.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Sears are all the same and interchangeable. Some sears have a "tail" (= decocking versions), some dont. LEM or SA/DA, doesn´t matter. The difference lies with the hammers - the match one has a little different angling and better polish.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I'll call Travis on Monday.

Is the sear different for a Match DA/SA and a regular USP DA/SA?
I would call Travis on this one. There is a significant difference between the sear that is in my standard LEM USP and my "match" LEM USP. Let me know what he says, I'm curious.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I called HK and they said the sear for the Match DA/SA trigger configuration is the same as for the 'standard' DA/SA configuration pistols. Also, the other part [interuptor/disconnector? the part that the hammer stops on when using the decocker] is NOW the same for the standard USP and the Match USP trigger kits. Again, all questions were framed around DA/SA triggers. I don't know if the sear changes when going from DA/SA to LEM.

So, the parts pictures in these trigger kits is accurate, but the term 'sear' is inaccurate. And I don't need to get another sear. That's good.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks, I have a Match Trigger on the way and had the same question, I love this forum

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Again, ALL THE SEARS are the same. Sometimes they have the decocking tail, sometimes they don´t, but that´s about it. They ARE interchangeable. @BCZRX: You´re talking about the catch, which is the second part from the right when you look into the internals. Yes, there was some developpement and for the pistols made today they should all be the same and interchangeable again. The disconnector is the up-and-down sliding part on the utmost right preventing your gun from going fullauto.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
So perhaps it depends on the date code as to whether or not certain parts need to be replaced when installing a Match DA/SA

1 - 10 of 10 Posts