HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Indeed you are---you have officially missed the boat.

On a serious note, those Ameriglo sites are fairly popular because the dot is nice and big. Before I got my Dawson sights on my gaming pistol, I shot the stock sights really well. They were just not as fast as I was looking for after I made the mistake of shooting a friends fiber sights.

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
I actually like the stock sights on my HK45. When they are at 100% they are waaaaaay brighter than any night sight. During the day they are very fast and easy to pick up. I also like the physical size of the posts. I like having my sights lit up when ever I need them, but for non tritium sights, they did well.

As for the V2 LEM, I only like it on the USP's or HK45's. But I might put a light LEM in my HK45c we will see. But I liked the stock medium LEM on my USPC 40 LEM I used to have.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Dude, stick with what is comfortable. Who cares what other's think? I don't mind the Luminova sights, either. I am not one who has to go out and spend $100.00 on new sights just to hit a target that is 10-yards away, either.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't like the feel of the V2, but honestly this is why HK had the fore thought to make so many variants. Lets be thankful for that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
That prefers V2 LEM over "light" LEM and the stock luminova sights?
No, you're not. Im probably the only other person, though. All the glock fanboys were nutty about me being ridiculous for putting the ny1 trigger in my carry glocks. To each their own. I could shoot the 7.5-8 lb glock trigger fine.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dude, stick with what is comfortable. Who cares what other's think? I don't mind the Luminova sights, either. I am not one who has to go out and spend $100.00 on new sights just to hit a target that is 10-yards away, either.
I plan on it and that is my feeling... I do however plan on getting NS's for my P2Ksk though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I do think V1 is a bit light for my carry purposes. I think the real "cat's meow" for carry is either V4 (6.1 lb) or the V-TGS (6.6 lbs) both easy to get to from V2. V4 is real easy to get to from V2.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I forgot to mention anything about the sights. As far as the stock HK P30 sights go, folks seem to either like them or hate them with very little middle ground. I do think they are a heck of a lot better than a good many of the stock sights out there but depending on what you want to do with the gun, I could definitely see changing them. Probably folks looking to defense carry would like the stock sights better than those competition shooting with the gun.

I do think that Dawson FO front and rear for the P30 looks pretty neat. Anybody using both together....green f/o rear and red-orange f/o front?

·
Registered
86 Posts
No, you're not. Im probably the only other person, though. All the glock fanboys were nutty about me being ridiculous for putting the ny1 trigger in my carry glocks. To each their own. I could shoot the 7.5-8 lb glock trigger fine.
I prefer the standard V2 LEM over the light LEM for my carry pistols. When I owned a Glock 26, I installed the NY1 trigger spring as well. I sold the Glock 26 when I purchased a P2000SK. My carry pistols are all HK now.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The stock sights are fine, but I only like the front one with the dot. I black out the rears on the HKs that still have the stock sights or have switched to Heinie NSs on others. My gamer P30LS LEM might get a Dawson front FO down the road, but for now, just using stock sights on it.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
LOL we are on the same page here Gtmtnbiker98. I have stock Luminova sights and they work damn well for me. I make well placed shots consistently. My USP has Mepros and they are great but makes no difference to me.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I prefer the standard V2 LEM over the light LEM for my carry pistols. When I owned a Glock 26, I installed the NY1 trigger spring as well. I sold the Glock 26 when I purchased a P2000SK. My carry pistols are all HK now.
Pretty much what I did as well. Im working a 2000sk .40 and p30 9mm, both v2, into my carry rotation. Sold my glock 26, 30, and 33. Although, i did pick up a PPQ 9mm, and that is an uber fun range gun for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts