HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took my pointer for a run down to some pastureland below my house this evening and as we were driving in I spotted a big 'ol coyote. This area has a fairly large pack that run these fields. I've actually had one of them run right past us when working the dog trying to get him to chase.

Anyhow, all I had was my .40 USP Compact so I stopped the car and locked the hammer back, stepped up onto the running board and held the sights just a hair over the coyote. One shot and down he went. It was a really far shot so I got out my range finder and it measured an incredible 230 yards. I had no idea I could actually hit a target at that distance. I have no idea what the bullet drop was but I really didn't hold the sights very high at all. The shot placement was through the hips so I had to follow it up another round up close.
All in all, on my part, this was just a lucky shot. But it's a pretty good indication about the inherent accuracy of the pistol if you hold the sights in the right place. 100% no bull. I paced it off also. 230 yds

Federal 165 gr Hydra Shok

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Sounds like a really nice shot. I am kinda surprised that it killed it that far away especially with just one shot.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shot put it down on the ground. It hit just in front of it's hips. I had to walk up close to finish it off.

S1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts