HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any experience with these? Having trouble finding info on them. I found the company website, but no mag info.

·
Registered
764 Posts
That's bonkers. The Gen 2 mags are readily available for $30 to $40 a piece right now.
I received a couple Gen 2 with an SP5K I purchased last year. They have been 100%

I also have some ATI mags that came with a 94 and they have trouble, nothing consistent just are not as reliable.

·
Registered
58 Posts
They are KCI GEN 1 mags with a crappier finish. A lot of users had issues with the Gen 1 mags. I would skip them altogether.

Although I did chuckle as some idiot paid $270 for 5 rusty ones on Gunbroker this weekend: https://www.gunbroker.com/item/875742141
I'm guessing "50 State Friendly" is code for "willing to ship even where illegal" so that was probably someone in a ban state willing to pay that much

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Well... Guess I'm the oddball then. I have about 15 of the original ATI 30rd MP5 mags with the "diamond" logo and "gritty" exterior finish. I shoot the crap out of them in full auto and they feed just as well as anything else. Heck... I even have great reliability with the original MKE plastic MP5 mags. Maybe I'm just lucky or something.

·
Sheepdog in West Texas
1,742 Posts
rickj1nd,

OR MAYBE your take care of your gear and your gear takes care of the job you have it for?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I don't believe the GB auction link above to be indicative of the first generation ATI mags that I have. There were posts years ago about their "evolution" should you care to read up on them. The mags I am referencing came from Adam in a green box for $17 and had the ATI diamond logo screened on the body in addition to a screened and stamped "9x19.MP-5". I know some had good luck with them and some did not. Since mine worked fine... I do not remember what specific issues folks were having or the subsiquent remedies. Attached pics for reference. Left to right... HK, MKE, ATI, KCI, MKE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts