HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just picked up a PTR32 and am having ammo issues after my second range outing.

My first range trip went great, was at an indoor, no steel, range. I used some Hornandy Zombie-Max stuff that I picked up at Cabellas, and had no issues at all.

Fast forward to my second trip to an outdoor, any ammo OK range, and the "Barnaul Mil-Spec" stuff that I picked up had multiple extraction issues, and also a few light primer strikes. Out of the 100 or so rounds that I shot, I had three light strikes and about 15 extraction issues. I had some stovepipe and also some that fell back into the chamber and ended up stopping the bolt closing on the next round.

Anybody else having any issues like this, or ideas on it being ammo related or not? I felt like the more expensive brass stuff worked great, but the lacquer covered steel was causing the issues.

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Hello all,

I just picked up a PTR32 and am having ammo issues after my second range outing.

My first range trip went great, was at an indoor, no steel, range. I used some Hornandy Zombie-Max stuff that I picked up at Cabellas, and had no issues at all.

Fast forward to my second trip to an outdoor, any ammo OK range, and the "Barnaul Mil-Spec" stuff that I picked up had multiple extraction issues, and also a few light primer strikes. Out of the 100 or so rounds that I shot, I had three light strikes and about 15 extraction issues. I had some stovepipe and also some that fell back into the chamber and ended up stopping the bolt closing on the next round.

Anybody else having any issues like this, or ideas on it being ammo related or not? I felt like the more expensive brass stuff worked great, but the lacquer covered steel was causing the issues.

Thanks for any feedback.
Do a little searching on the PTR91 rifles they used to make that were chambered for brass ammo. I have one. Maybe at some point they made the same mistake with the 32. Although I have a 32 and shot it FA a few times with cheap ammo and had no trouble. The 91 didn't like steel case stuff or mil surplus tar sealed stuff. Turned it into a bolt action rifle. Some I even had to fight to get out. I can't remember hearing about the 32 having a similar issue but wouldn't be surprised. I guess you can just stick with shooting the good stuff.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had quite a bit of primar strikes on my 32. Ptr reccomends steel cased, soft point or fmj russian stuff. Stay away from monarch or other cheaper brandss (even though all x32 is cheap haha). It can also be it breaking in, mine went from every other shot, to having maybe 2 at a range day and i still havent had 1k through it yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts