HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's what i have so far. if you need more, let me know. if you want in let me know.

Thanks. I'll get prices and things this week.

HKNY Shoot
Date TBA
NAME 9mm 40 45
ironchef 300 0 600
mue 400 0 (100 from ironchef)
dmg 200 200 200
javic 500 0 500

Totals 900 200 800

·
Registered
851 Posts
Don, when you get the chance, let me know prices when it is available and also brands. I might bring along some +P stuff I have for everyone to try. Thanks for everything Don.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Don,

I'll be getting some as well, I just need to take a look at what I currently have and order accordingly.

For now put me down for the following:

500 rds 9mm
500 rds .45

Thanks,
Greg

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i messed my ankle and foot up last night fell down some stairs. i have a very bad sprain. i was in the ER. i'm not going anywhere until thursday. i'll try to make some calls...

·
Registered
851 Posts
Ouch Don! Be careful! We all want to see you at the get together, so tread lightly till then! Take care and feel better!

·
Registered
648 Posts
No worries man, if we can't get a deal on ammo, there's a Gander Mountain (which sells the UMC 250 packs) and a Walmart close by that we can hit up for ammo if needed. Worst case scenario, we buy what we need at the range, although probably more expensive than Walmart of Gander.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
here's what i've got so far.

i'm still working on a quote from a ffl friend who can order direct from rsrgroup. i should hear back by thursday at latest.

9mm is on top the 45 is on bottom on all categories
info is in no particular order

cabelas
$212.00 1200 cabelas house brand comes in 4 dry storage boxes
$370.00 1200 cabelas house brand comes in 4 dry storage boxes everybody would get at least one and probably two if we went with this

surplusammo.com
$180.00 1000 magtech
$250.00 1000 magtech

bulkammo from bestshotammo.com
$135.00 1000
$215.00 1000

walmart
$15.00/100 *10= 1000rounds $150.00 wwb
$26.00/100 *10= 1000 rounds $260.00 wwb

walmart's looking pretty cheap but we will have to start raiding them now to get all the ammo we need or try to put a special order in.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i edited and cleaned it up a little. pain meds and all that...
prices are around 1000 rounds. need 10 boxes of 100 to make a thousand. let me know if the math is off. i'm a little loopy.

i can't believe i didn't break anything...the bruising is huge not too mention my foot is misshapen...

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
No problem guys just trying to help my NY neighbors out :D. This really is a great deal on great range ammo. September 1st is when ammo prices are jumping up 20% so stock up now while you can.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
appears they are out of stock right now. if it makes people feel better u only saved $10/1000 over walmart. although, federal eagle is a much better brand, IMO.

I have a quote coming on CCI, Fed Eagle, and Magtech from RSR for 1000 rounds. i have an ffl friend who will do this for me...let's see what happens.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I think we missed the boat guys. I just checked the link that Mark forwarded us and they are completely sold out of the 9mm American Eagle ammo. Last night that had over 4000 boxes and this morning they were at 3000. I guess it is all gone now. :(

·
Registered
648 Posts
No problem guys just trying to help my NY neighbors out :D. This really is a great deal on great range ammo. September 1st is when ammo prices are jumping up 20% so stock up now while you can.
Hey mark, I know you're in Jersey, but you're welcome to come to the shoot we're setting up for next month. We haven't 100% decided on a date yet, but here's the thread with the date poll and info on the location.

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65316

If you had issues transporting your guns to the range, I'm sure those of us going wouldn't mind sharing the ones we bring.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
better check with davis if this is ok. the range i shoot at won't even let u in unless u have a valid permit or fit the category of youth shooter. probably have at least one leo there too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So do you guys have a date set yet? Would be happy to meet up with some of you guys and I'll bring along my USP .45, p2000sk in 9mm and .357 LEM's.

Keep me posted.

Shopping for ammo now.

b

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Hey mark, I know you're in Jersey, but you're welcome to come to the shoot we're setting up for next month. We haven't 100% decided on a date yet, but here's the thread with the date poll and info on the location.

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65316

If you had issues transporting your guns to the range, I'm sure those of us going wouldn't mind sharing the ones we bring.
He won't be able to as it's not an NRA or competition event. :(

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/Federal/Read.aspx?id=59

NEW YORK--The transportation of handguns is prohibited except by a resident with a license to carry.

A member or coach of an accredited college or university target pistol team may transport a handgun into or through New York to participate in a collegiate, Olympic or target pistol shooting competition provided that the handgun is unloaded and carried in a separate locked container.

Nonresident target shooters may enter or pass through New York State with handguns for purposes of any NRA-approved competition if the competitor has in his possession a copy of the match program, proof of entry and a pistol license or firearms registration card from his state of residence. The handgun must be unloaded and transported in a fully opaque container.

New York State has strict laws governing illegal possession of handguns which can result in a possible seven-year jail sentence for offenders.

Caution--New York law presumes that an individual stopped in possession of five or more handguns, without a state permit, possesses the handguns for illegal sale, thus subjecting this person to an increased sentence.

Caution--New York is the only state that prohibits the transportation of handguns without a license. Travelers should therefore be particularly careful since they face severe consequences should they inadvertently violate the state's highly restrictive statutes.

NEW YORK CITY--A city permit is required for possession and transportation of handguns and long guns. New York State handgun permits are invalid within the city limits; however, New York State residents may transport their licensed handguns unloaded through the city if these are locked in a container and the trip is continuous. Long guns may be kept in the city for only 24 hours while in transit and must be unloaded and stored in a locked container or vehicle trunk for the period.

New York City forbids possession of an "assault weapon," which includes various specified semi automatic rifles and shotguns, or revolving cylinder shotguns. It is unlawful to possess an "ammunition feeding device" capable of holding more than 17 rounds in a handgun, or more than 5 rounds in a rifle or shotgun.

In all cases, the general rule should be observed. The New York State law on illegal possession applies to the City as well.
This is crazy - you can't even exercise peaceful journey without some kind of permit from some state. IE: PA doesn't require permits to own except for CCW. If you don't have CCW, transportation through the state of NY is a felony.

Also, not sure how strict the range is, but you could technically lose your license if you let someone that doesn't have a NYC or NY State pistol permit shoot your firearm.

I'm not trying to ruin the party, just trying to save people from aggravation or even possible unintentional jail time.

·
Registered
68 Posts
So who has the best prices now? That company from the link still has the 115grain in stock just not on sale any longer.

B

1 - 20 of 95 Posts