HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I didn't even make it though the month of January without breaking my New Year's Resolution, and now I am the happy owner of yet another HK USPc9, this one in Light LEM. But, I really *needed* this one, because I needed a backup for my EDC! Right? ;)

First, let me say something about Light LEM: Holy. Hell. So this is what you guys were talking about. You really weren't exaggerating. I handed it to my girlfriend, who really doesn't care much about guns, and she was blown away with how amazingly nice the trigger pull felt. Yeah. Light LEM FTW.

As I was cleaning the new USPc (a LEO trade in), I noticed the date code was the same as my old one, and the serial number seemed familiar. I recalled that my old USPc came from a PD in the same state as the seller of my new one... and thought, "no, no way..." The serial numbers are only 3 apart.

Clearly it was my destiny to reunite these long lost brothers! :D

·
Registered
783 Posts
total destiny. always is with HK's. congrats on ur new USPc 9. Great pair you have there. Enjoy that light LEM and give us a range report ASAP. I'm reading so much about all the love for the light LEM. I haven't shot one.

I'm not going to mess with the nice Match trigger I have on my Expert .45 now. BUT, when I get my USPc .45 I might throw that on. but I love V1... ugh.. does that mean I need a pair of USPc .45's to put light LEM on?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hah. it's totally the jack bauer bag. I was just watching 24. .. Tesseract might actually be Jack Bauer.
Haha. Long before it was the Jack Bauer bag, it was the Rothco Classic Heavyweight Messenger Bag. Believe it or not, I've had these bags before I ever watched an episode of 24. :)

Also, Jack shoots a bit better than I do. Otherwise, we're exactly alike though. ;)

·
Registered
783 Posts
Haha. Long before it was the Jack Bauer bag, it was the Rothco Classic Heavyweight Messenger Bag. Believe it or not, I've had these bags before I ever watched an episode of 24. :)

Also, Jack shoots a bit better than I do. Otherwise, we're exactly alike though. ;)
Great bag. And don't be so modest. They clearly based his character off you.

STILL ADDICTED TO 24. I had to turn it back on. Look what you guys are doing to me.

note: he's interrogating his brother.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
tesseract-
Congrats on your new to you handgun! Is the light LEM really that awesome? I wish you guys would stop talking about it because I have V1 on my USPc .45 trying to stay w/ the same MO between it and my 1911. The more I hear about it, the more I am tempted to convert mine over to it to see what it is like. I hate peer pressure!! It also doesn't help that I have been reading Todd Green's posts from his experience w/ his P30 and LEM. I have been thinking of looking for a stainless USPc 9mm, but after reading his P30 posts and holding a P30L at my gun store, I am leaning more towards a P30. I hate this sickness...so much for my savings account having anything in it!

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Thats very cool! Yes it must be destiny to have them brought together...dont seperate them!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tesseract-
Congrats on your new to you handgun! Is the light LEM really that awesome? I wish you guys would stop talking about it because I have V1 on my USPc .45 trying to stay w/ the same MO between it and my 1911. The more I hear about it, the more I am tempted to convert mine over to it to see what it is like. I hate peer pressure!! It also doesn't help that I have been reading Todd Green's posts from his experience w/ his P30 and LEM. I have been thinking of looking for a stainless USPc 9mm, but after reading his P30 posts and holding a P30L at my gun store, I am leaning more towards a P30. I hate this sickness...so much for my savings account having anything in it!

Yes Light LEM is that awesome, but maybe not for you. If you like cocked-and-locked (not something I care for), I'm not sure the light LEM will really have much to offer over a straight-up SAO trigger. I haven't done too many direct comparisons, but the Light LEM creep, break, and reset all feel about the same as the single-action on the DA/SA.

FWIW, I also like the USPc over the P30 by a good margin. ;)

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I have been thinking of looking for a stainless USPc 9mm, but after reading his P30 posts and holding a P30L at my gun store, I am leaning more towards a P30. I hate this sickness...so much for my savings account having anything in it!
I have a P30, and just purchased a NIB USPc 9mm Stainless that i plan on using for most of my 9mm shooting/carrying instead. I like the USPc better than the P30, especially for CCW. the P30 grip rubs too much, the USPc is nicer. the HK45c is perfect, and that is normally what i carry, but the stainless is SOOOOOO PRETTY, that I tend to like those better. :)

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,395 Posts
Now all you need to do is find the ones in between and you're all set!!!!!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yes Light LEM is that awesome, but maybe not for you. If you like cocked-and-locked (not something I care for), I'm not sure the light LEM will really have much to offer over a straight-up SAO trigger. I haven't done too many direct comparisons, but the Light LEM creep, break, and reset all feel about the same as the single-action on the DA/SA.

FWIW, I also like the USPc over the P30 by a good margin. ;)
Agreed x 10! The light LEM, in my opinion, is one of the best triggers out there and over the years, I've had all my H&K's P2000's and USPc's converted to it. And I echo your sentiment about the P30; it's a nice gun, but there's something about the classic fit (and look) of the USPc in my hand that just works for me. It's ergonomically perfect for my needs and as much as everyone loves the P30, it just wasn't for me. Congrats on your awesome find!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts