HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately I've been shooting alot of 1911's and other stuff. About a month ago , I took the USPc 9MM SS out of the safe, reinstalled the v1 trigger (had the LEM) after smoothing out parts and replaced the hogue wrap-around grip with decal grips. The decal grips are like sandpaper and provide a nice non-slip surface and aren't as bulky as the Hogues. I really like them.

I have the Combat LEM in the 45CT, but it wasn't as good in the USPc.

Short of it is, I took the USPc out with my Springfield Operator and shot it for the first time in a while. I'd have to say it performed very very well. The quality for a polymer pistol is abundantly clear, especially while shooting it. The trigger is better than it's ever been and I found the 9mm so easy to shoot in the little USPc.

I'm thinking I need to shoot this little pistol quite a bit more. I came away with a real sense of why I own and keep my 2 remaining HK pistols, the USPc9 and my USP45CT. Not certain I see the need for the HK45C, but I hope they every bit as good as the Compact USP's and then some. Gonna be hard to beat.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. The 9MM SS ones are especially nice. The stainless finish on them is as good as it gets from the factory. What else does a guy need?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did a range report a while back and compared a G19, XD9, P2000, P228 and the USPc. It won my evaluation based mostly on accuracy and that was before I smoothed some of the trigger components. This weekend the target looked exactly like Loneguitar's. I find it interesting that I shot it so well, after not shooting it for so long and shooting 1911's and their great triggers, especially.

I guess it just works that well for me and easily handles +p and +P+ ammo. The USP's are built like tanks. Seems like ages since it came out, and the Berettas, Sig 228/226 were all the rage. Wow, the USP's were ahead of their time.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
I have a USP Compact 9mm blued and stainless. I haven't shot the stainless YET. But perhaps I will some day.

I love that little pistol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts