HKPRO Forums banner
61 - 80 of 118 Posts

· Premium Member
271 Posts
Unfortunately I was too impatient to take a pic before I installed it, but next time I take it out I will do so.

A couple with my Gemtech Raptor

Mark did an incredible job, as always. The lugs are integral, no thread-on adapter needed. The barrel fits into the receiver perfectly, no problems. The Raptor locks on perfectly too. This is the third barrel from Mark that I have (UZI and P9S 9mm are the others), and I love the fact that I can use one can on 4 guns.

He also polished off the sharp edge of the feed ramp, so it is rounded like a factory barrel. I hope to run some rounds through it tomorrow or Sunday, and will post a report when I do. If the polishing eliminates the feed issues that GTPPrix and I experienced, then we have a winner for folks looking for a barrel to complete their build.

Thanks,
James

· Premium Member
271 Posts
Range report

Took the gun out today to test the barrel. Here are the results:

Mag 1: 30 rounds of WWB - 1 failure, 6th round from the bottom - case edge was crushed on one side like before, round was stuck in the chamber, no primer hit. Had to pop it out with a cleaning rod. I need to check the chamber for scratches.

Mag 2: 30 rounds WWB - no failures

Mag 3 (with Raptor): 30 rounds Special K subsonic - no failures

Mag 4 (with Raptor): 30 rounds Special K subsonic - no failures

Mag 5 (with Raptor): 30 rounds Hornady XTP JHP subsonic - no failures

So, 150 rounds and one failure, much better results than with the original, unaltered barrel. But the fact that the failed round was stuck in the chamber bothers me. Whatever the edge caught on wasn't enough to keep it from feeding in part-way, which jammed it up good. I guess I'll have to run a few more mags through it before I consider it reliable enough to zombie hunt with :)

Thanks,
James

· Vendor
708 Posts
Took the gun out today to test the barrel. Here are the results:

Mag 1: 30 rounds of WWB - 1 failure, 6th round from the bottom - case edge was crushed on one side like before, round was stuck in the chamber, no primer hit. Had to pop it out with a cleaning rod. I need to check the chamber for scratches.

Mag 2: 30 rounds WWB - no failures

Mag 3 (with Raptor): 30 rounds Special K subsonic - no failures

Mag 4 (with Raptor): 30 rounds Special K subsonic - no failures

Mag 5 (with Raptor): 30 rounds Hornady XTP JHP subsonic - no failures

So, 150 rounds and one failure, much better results than with the original, unaltered barrel. But the fact that the failed round was stuck in the chamber bothers me. Whatever the edge caught on wasn't enough to keep it from feeding in part-way, which jammed it up good. I guess I'll have to run a few more mags through it before I consider it reliable enough to zombie hunt with :)

Thanks,
James

I had a customer that has a similar setup and he mentioned the same thing...first mag or two there were issues but once the "break in" period was done the conversion seemed to run the way it should. Pretty neat conversion. Too bad HK decided to stop importing the USC and the UMP 9mm into the U.S.

· Registered
50 Posts
So if I wanted to build one of these now and you gave me the correct parts list to do it and I wouldn't have to experiment or do anything twice, how much would this cost on top of a UMP, considering that's gonna be something that might fluctuate in price on today's market?

I'm interested in ALL conversion costs to a base gray US USC.

You can leave out the NFA tax as I'm on the fence as to whether or not to SBR and get a SpecWar can or do the integral suppressor route on a factory barrel...

Thanks!

· Banned
745 Posts
http://www.brasscatchers.com/ Designed to fit the HK 45 USC barrel. The top notch 9mm is less than .010 different than the HK 45 barrel. Fits like a freaking glove. Put a thin coat of oil on the barrel first.
I also have a 9mm UMP clone and I have the TN barrel shroud on it right now. I actually don't like it too much because I feel like it's too loose on the barrel. I feel like if I bump it against something, it slide off just a bit and I find myself constantly checking it to make sure it's seated down all the time.

Does this one from barrelshrouds.com fit tightly on a TN 9mm barrel or is it just as loose as the TN barrel shroud?

· Premium Member
UMP 9mm 40 and 45
600 Posts
I'm not sure about the TN shroud. This is pretty snug. Putting this on a Top Notch 9mm barrel... it gets tight quick. So I lubed up the barrel before installing the fake suppressor. I really don't care about the barrel. But I wanted it to slide on. And that it did. I can grab the weapon by the barrel shroud...and not worry about it coming off.

SuicideHz - Go to adams web site HKPARTS.net check out the prices. $500 for the bolt
$1500 -+ a few hundred... for a barrel (if you can find one.) Good Luck
If you have both of these you need nothing else. Inspect the bolt. Sometimes replacing the Extractor is required....

Gman

61 - 80 of 118 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.