HKPRO Forums banner

...and some for the HK G11 lovers

28K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  ToddG 
#1 ·
#5 ·
i think there are a couple floating around, i believe the movie demolition man with sly Stallone and wesley snipes had one in it.but it proboly was just a resin prop

but you are right no ammo availability would make it useless but that would be the most AWESOME waste of room in your safe ever!

#9 · (Edited)
i think there are a couple floating around
In case you ever happen to float to the Bundeswehr Tank Museum in Munster:

Thanks to gurkie2000

And if you want to start your morning with a G11:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Tasse-Schnellfeuergewehr-HK-G-11-Heckler-Koch-NEU_W0QQitemZ280353125418QQcmdZViewItemQQptZNATO_Shop?hash=item414659342a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1229|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A2|294%3A50#ebayphotohosting

Also check this if you haven't seen it yet:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/woodrough/2270857134/

+

Thanks to Minux

Thanks to wkufg

#6 ·
Though the G11 is an awesome weapon from the technical standpoint, it also suffers to some limitations, IMHO:

1- From one of the links in this site (G36-site), it has been stated that the empty case from the conventional caliber is instrumental in transporting heat outside the weapon, the caseless cartridge cannot do this.

2- Since there are consideration on coming back to larger diameter rifle cartridges (6.8mmX43, 7mmX46, 6mmX35, and even resurgence of the 7.62mmX51), IMHO, G11 cannot simply adopt to new chamberings as easily as conventional military rifles (I may be wrong in this).

It was a good idea during the 1980's, but it may have doubtful utility now.

#11 ·
Anybody have anything showing the breech to ammo interface? For it to be accurate and develop pressure behind the bullet, obviously the barrel has to fit tightly around the bullet. But since the propellant is larger than the bullet, and not all behind it like a conventional round, something has to keep the pressure from just going around the front of the bullet tip and out the muzzle.

And I guess the little cap thingy (I don't think it would be properly called a primer) just follows the bullet out the bore?

I've seen pics of the mechanism, and it looks like a clock mechanism. But I don't remember seeing any of the chamber area besides the cartoony looking ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.