HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a .40 barreled upper from a fellow member here for a song. It could be better but it isn't horrible. I believe it has a real HK cocking tube support and handle which is a bonus. Welds could be better and they welded the shell deflector instead of riveting it. Overall I'm pleased for what I paid for it and if I can get it to run right with RCM stuff, I'll be in it for around $1000. Anyway, I'm stripping off all the old paint now. It was painted a fde color which is actually closer to just plain tan. I'll be posting pictures shortly following the stripping and subsequent refinishing that is occurring now.

·
Banned
125 Posts
dude you got me on the edge of my sit. if you don't post pics in the next hour i'm going to bust.:8:

i just paid for mine. its coming in soon....i hate the wait of the shipping....OGH!... but people posting pics of their builds ease the pain of waiting.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's a shot if how she looked.

A pic of what I believe to be a true HK cocking support set.

And, I'm melting!!!

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweeeeeeet.....just the fix i needed, i'll be back when she's done...:300000000:
by the way, how long is this build going to take you?
Considering I still have to finish the UMP and I have a S&W VTAC on layaway, meh, maybe in September. I just need a .40 recoil rod, bcg, and ejector. Oh and a magazine. I can use a trigger pack from one of my 9mm guns and I have a buttcap sitting around.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Looks like u got a deal . Very cool ! Keep us updated . I just ordered my last piece of my .40 puzzle . As soon as I get this bill Springfield trigger pack I'll swap ejectors and send it all out . We might be done the same time . I'll race ya !!!

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
you beat me to that one by less than 2 minutes.

let us know how it works out. it should be a fun project.
I had to beg the other half to let me get it. I'll have new pics up in a few. Almost done painting it. Looking good so far.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Congrats looks like a fun build. Im sure it will be loads of when you get that trigger pack in it. Look forward to hearing about it.:62:

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here's some updated pics following the paint job.

Here's a shot with my ghillie 9mm

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Looks good! And yes that is a genuine HK F spec cocking tube support/handle. Im unaware of US mfgs making the F set up

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good! And yes that is a genuine HK F spec cocking tube support/handle. Im unaware of US mfgs making the F set up
Thanks for letting me know Sean. Wouldn't that mean a real HK cocking tube as well? Without it, it won't work right?

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Correct. The F spec support won't work in a standard tube. I believe its how the arm catches the hold in the tube. I haven't looked inside my .40 but thats my understanding

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Correct. The F spec support won't work in a standard tube. I believe its how the arm catches the hold in the tube. I haven't looked inside my .40 but thats my understanding
Copy that. That's comforting. A little.

·
Banned
848 Posts
Not that you would need one but RCM is almost finished with some .40 trunions. Just like factory.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Not that you would need one but RCM is almost finished with some .40 trunions. Just like factory.
That's awesome...I will need a few to put in my stash of parts.....some day I will get around to finishing all my projects...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts