HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of selling my absolutely 100% MINT condition H&K P2000 V3 9mm (AK date) to fund a new pistol. I acquired this P2000 in a trade and after talking with the previous owner after concluding the deal (and a few days later), it's been established that it's seen 51 rounds fired. It is as NEW as a pistol can be. It has new Meprolight 3-Dot Night Sights (factory sights included), 4 13-Round H&K Magazines, Case, Manual, Test Casing, Warranty Card. There isn't a mark on this and if you were to compare it to a new one, they would be identical. Total cost on this package was about $1150.

What is a fair price to ask?

·
Registered
253 Posts
You are almost always better off selling extra magazines and accesories seperate.

There is a mint P2000 V2 9mm at a gun shop about 5 minutes from my house for $699. The owner said I could have it for $650. I have bought several magazines for my P2000 .40 that looked new for about $30 each.

Unless you just come across someone that "has to have it", I would say in the $750 range.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are almost always better off selling extra magazines and accesories seperate.

There is a mint P2000 V2 9mm at a gun shop about 5 minutes from my house for $699. The owner said I could have it for $650. I have bought several magazines for my P2000 .40 that looked new for about $30 each.

Unless you just come across someone that "has to have it", I would say in the $750 range.
I'd really hate to separate the three extra Magazines ($120) and Night Sights ($100) and have to sell them separate, the total package is worth every bit of $975 I think. You certainly cannot get a new package at that price from any LGS that I've searched. I'm in no hurry to see it go to a new owner but there are a few other pistols I would enjoy having also. I love this P2000 V3, it's by far the nicest I own and I'm almost afraid to take it out of the box and fire it (any more).

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Around $800 is the most I would ask for it. If you take the night sights off and put the old ones back on I would buy em off ya! The sights not the gun that is.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I think $1150 is way off. The value would be, IMO, between $800-$950 for the package. You are the 2nd owner and even though it appears new it is considered used. You have the right to put any price you want on it, but it will have to be reasonable or it may sit for sale for a long time.
You can post in the "Hk Handguns for sale" area once you acquire 31 solid posts or become a Prem. Member.
Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I think $1150 is way off. The value would be, IMO, between $800-$950 for the package. You are the 2nd owner and even though it appears new it is considered used. You have the right to put any price you want on it, but it will have to be reasonable or it may sit for sale for a long time.
You can post in the "Hk Handguns for sale" area once you acquire 31 solid posts or become a Prem. Member.
Good luck with the sale.
I haven't decided if selling is going to happen. I've priced these NIB from several retailers, lowest being $900, highest being $989. The Night Sights are $100 and the extra Magazines are $45 each (and I realize I could never sell them to a CA or MA resident as they are 13-Rounds). It is a fine firearm and I agree because it's been fired it is used but it's nicer than any display model at the LGS. And technically, as it was test fired at the factory, it was used when NIB (OK, I'm kidding here).

·
Registered
32 Posts
ANIB and NIB are two different animals. The gun has changed hands twice since purchased new. It is a used gun, and needs to be priced as such.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ANIB and NIB are two different animals. The gun has changed hands twice since purchased new. It is a used gun, and needs to be priced as such.
So you're saying if I buy a NIB pistol at my LGS and sell it before firing it, it is a used gun then? What if the guy I sell it to does the same? Still used? Sure, I see your point but firearms aren't like cars; they don't depreciate in value once they leave the store. Over the life expectancy of the firearm, one that will easily shoot 50,000 rounds, it's seen 0.1% of it's service life. Hardly seems fair to call it 'used'.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
So you're saying if I buy a NIB pistol at my LGS and sell it before firing it, it is a used gun then? What if the guy I sell it to does the same? Still used? Sure, I see your point but firearms aren't like cars; they don't depreciate in value once they leave the store. Over the life expectancy of the firearm, one that will easily shoot 50,000 rounds, it's seen 0.1% of it's service life. Hardly seems fair to call it 'used'.
It does not matter how many previous owners the gun has been through, as long as it still new and unfired, it is considered NIB. If it has been fired, it is USED, no matter how many previous owners. That's the difference.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It does not matter how many previous owners the gun has been through, as long as it still new and unfired, it is considered NIB. If it has been fired, it is USED, no matter how many previous owners. That's the difference.
Then all NIB H&K's are USED as they are fired at the factory. OK, I'm on board with that.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
You've got to forget about new prices. They don't exist in this scenario and you can argue the fact until you're blue in the face but you need to wrap your head around used prices if you expect to be realistic. Understandably it's in fantastic shape but it's not new and nobody in their right mind (and most of the people here are) will give you anywhere near new prices for it. I'd agree with the others that you're looking at about $800 for the pistol ($750 + $50 for the night sights) and $25 ea for the mags which I would sell separately. Keep in mind that I don't have a dog in this fight but you asked for opinions and that's what I would expect to get if I was in your shoes. It sounds like that's quite a bit lower than what you were expecting. You can always list it and see what happens. Who knows? Stranger things have happened.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You've got to forget about new prices. They don't exist in this scenario and you can argue the fact until you're blue in the face but you need to wrap your head around used prices if you expect to be realistic. Understandably it's in fantastic shape but it's not new and nobody in their right mind (and most of the people here are) will give you anywhere near new prices for it. I'd agree with the others that you're looking at about $800 for the pistol ($750 + $50 for the night sights) and $25 ea for the mags which I would sell separately. Keep in mind that I don't have a dog in this fight but you asked for opinions and that's what I would expect to get if I was in your shoes. It sounds like that's quite a bit lower than what you were expecting. You can always list it and see what happens. Who knows? Stranger things have happened.
I appreciate all the responses, really I do. As I have indicated, I'm not sure I even want to part with it. And although it has been fired, an expert would be hard-pressed to determine that. I must say that I disagree with the values placed on the Night Sights and Magazines; you can't buy new Meprolight Sights for $50 and if you give me a link to new 13-Round Magazines for $25 each, I'll buy a few more. The Magazines have never been used and I still have the package the Night Sights came in, complete with the $99.95 price tag still on it.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There in ONE for sale on Gunbroker, complete with Standard Sights and two 13-Round Magazines for $820. And yes, it is listed as NIB (but I'm guessing it was also test fired so it's really USED). It was the only one I could find for sale anywhere after a Google search turned up many retailers that are 'Out of Stock'. Reminds me somewhat of the guy on NWFirearms wanting to sell his NIB Ruger SR1911 for $800. He believes because they are back ordered everywhere that his has gone up in value (by some $250) because of the scarcity in finding one. He got flamed big time for trying to price gouge and not surprisingly, No Sale.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It's not 3 extra magazines, it's 2 because the pistol came with 2 from the factory. I'd say about 800-825 shipped sounds right for everything. For what it's worth I tried to sell my AE P2000 5 months ago, NS, 3 magazines, great condition too. I was also the 2nd owner. I listed it on armslist in NC, and it took 2 months before a buyer offered to buy it for $600 - it was listed at $620. Then he decided an extra $20 in gas to drive here isn't worth it so I kept it since then - glad I did.

Also, the pistol is $840 new when in stock, $800 for .40 version. Night sights are $80, $37 per magazine, prices are from topgunsupply and shipping is $10 for NS and magazines combined. Unless substantial, like 6+ magazines, most people won't add much value to extras. You can probably get a little bit more out of it if you sell the two extra magazines and nights sights separately, just don't try to sell them for new prices if it's no longer sealed in factory packaging. It's used, the value dropped at least 10% when that first nonfactory round left the barrel. Even if it wasn't fired except for the factory test, then you will still have a very hard time selling it for the price as new because most would rather just get it from a dealer and be sure it's new.

I'd say keep it, I'm glad I kept mine though I might still have to get rid of it in the future when I anticipate to move to NY (likely).

Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's not 3 extra magazines, it's 2 because the pistol came with 2 from the factory. I'd say about 800-825 shipped sounds right for everything. For what it's worth I tried to sell my AE P2000 5 months ago, NS, 3 magazines, great condition too. I was also the 2nd owner. I listed it on armslist in NC, and it took 2 months before a buyer offered to buy it for $600 - it was listed at $620. Then he decided an extra $20 in gas to drive here isn't worth it so I kept it since then - glad I did.

Also, the pistol is $840 new when in stock, $800 for .40 version. Night sights are $80, $37 per magazine, prices are from topgunsupply and shipping is $10 for NS and magazines combined. Unless substantial, like 6+ magazines, most people won't add much value to extras. You can probably get a little bit more out of it if you sell the two extra magazines and nights sights separately, just don't try to sell them for new prices if it's no longer sealed in factory packaging. It's used, the value dropped at least 10% when that first nonfactory round left the barrel. Even if it wasn't fired except for the factory test, then you will still have a very hard time selling it for the price as new because most would rather just get it from a dealer and be sure it's new.

I'd say keep it, I'm glad I kept mine though I might still have to get rid of it in the future when I anticipate to move to NY (likely).

Good luck with whatever you decide.
I was never expecting to get a price close to new, just not take a 40% decrease in value because it's been fired 51 times. That equates to more than $5 per round fired.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
I was never expecting to get a price close to new, just not take a 40% decrease in value because it's been fired 51 times. That equates to more than $5 per round fired.
I don't speak for anyone else but I wish you the best of luck getting every penny you are looking for. If someone wants to pay you what you paid for it then good on you. Everyone here is pretty savvy when it comes to prices and I think we're all just trying to give you the realistic numbers that you've asked for. I'm not trying to low ball your sale because A: I'm not in the market and 2: This isn't a WTS ad (Yet. But I bet we see one by end of day). Personally I think you originally overpaid a bit and that factors into your 40% loss number quite heavy. I really mean it when I say best of luck

1 - 20 of 64 Posts