HKPRO Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I know the Olight Baldr Mini fits my USP9. It has the bult in green laser.

·
Registered
USP 9 Tactical
3 Posts
I know the Olight Baldr Mini fits my USP9. It has the bult in green laser.
Is it Baldr, Baldr 2 or Baldr PRO or any other Baldr variant?
To be honest I'm looking for anything that I can put on my USP 9 Tactical without using an additional rail.

I've been looking for GG&G adapter, some trijicon iron sights, LEM kit and X300U-B but buying/shipping anything to Europe from US now is simply hell. I have easy access to Olight products only ATM.

Many thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
That is correct. The Baldr mini comes with Glock and Picatinny rail adapters. I do not used either one to mount to my USP9. I use the Picatinny adapter to mount to my VP9 and the Glock adapter for my Glocks.

Reactions: kaer

·
Registered
163 Posts
I just tried a PL-2 mini on my USPC9. I had to loosen the screw a touch to get the quick release lever to close but it fits like a glove.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I just tried a PL-2 mini on my USPC9. I had to loosen the screw a touch to get the quick release lever to close but it fits like a glove.
That is exactly what I had to do with the Baldr Mini.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Agreed... the mini 2 fits all the USPc models if you remove the torx secured adapter and loosen the QD latch a touch.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Decided to try the PL-Mini 2 on the USPc and it not only fits, it fits really well.

I don't have much hope of finding a holster for this combo, but it's still nice to know I have a WML that I can quickly and easily throw on it for nightstand duty.

View attachment 278833
Sorry for the late reply- I have this exact gun/light set up, and was able to find a holster company that makes a holster for it- Gearcraft. I will warn you that their lead times are crazy long, and it took several emails to them months after I placed the order before my holster finally showed up. In the end, i was glad to get it, as this is by far my favorite carry combo of all my guns, but man was the wait crazy long.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I got a PL-2 mini for Christmas. I tried to get it to clamp to my USP compact 9, but it was too tight. I figured loosening the screw on the side opp the lever would loosen it up (like a bicycle quick release wheel), but I couldn't get the screw to budge. Was it hard to loosen yours? It did clamp on my full size USP 45, but so tightly I'm worried about getting it back off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it Baldr, Baldr 2 or Baldr PRO or any other Baldr variant?
To be honest I'm looking for anything that I can put on my USP 9 Tactical without using an additional rail.

I've been looking for GG&G adapter, some trijicon iron sights, LEM kit and X300U-B but buying/shipping anything to Europe from US now is simply hell. I have easy access to Olight products only ATM.

Many thanks in advance!
Honestly I would run the adapter because I found that mounting the olights straight to the USP proprietary rail causes issues. The light/laser will slide and come off under fire. There is nothing to stop it from moving. This is just my experience. No matter how tight I got it. It even marred the very front lip of the rail cut on my USP9c by slide forward after 4 shots. Just sharing my experience so none of you do the same and permanently scar your firearms needlessly. I went back to my GG&G adapters on both my USP’s.

im very confused why HK hasn’t updated the USP line to include a pic rail.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Honestly I would run the adapter because I found that mounting the olights straight to the USP proprietary rail causes issues. The light/laser will slide and come off under fire. There is nothing to stop it from moving. This is just my experience. No matter how tight I got it. It even marred the very front lip of the rail cut on my USP9c by slide forward after 4 shots. Just sharing my experience so none of you do the same and permanently scar your firearms needlessly. I went back to my GG&G adapters on both my USP’s.

im very confused why HK hasn’t updated the USP line to include a pic rail.
This was my thought as well. Not quite sure I understand the resistance to a GG&G adapter as you can now put any kind of gadget on there with that true picatinny rail. I just don’t trust clamping on a light to the USP rail directly (with the exception of a purpose built light like a TLR-3) because I suspect it will shift around and you might do some damage. You might be tempted to clamp it on really tight which then might cause even more damage. For the extra $45 it costs for one of these adapters, I’ll go this route every time. But that’s just me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Now if you can just get it to not spontaneously combust in your nightstand you will be set!
^^^this. Crazy how so many folks here don’t know about Olight and their tendency to catch fire. I think Olight is the only weapon light manufacturer that has confirmed kills (not joking) so why buy Chicom garbage when you can buy a Streamlight for the same price? 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
85 Posts
Decided to try the PL-Mini 2 on the USPc and it not only fits, it fits really well.

I don't have much hope of finding a holster for this combo, but it's still nice to know I have a WML that I can quickly and easily throw on it for nightstand duty.

View attachment 278833

View attachment 278833
This is with no rail adapter?

21 - 40 of 45 Posts