HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So here is my PTR 32 Generation 1. Really nice host and the registered sear pack runs great with it. I have made no modifications to this gun. Shown is an HK stock. I also changed the trigger housing for an SEF housing. I use Magpul mags and Bulgarian mags without any issues.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Nice, sounds like you really lucked out. My PTR 32 just flat out would not run with my sear pack. I ended up giving up and selling the gun to someone who happy to have it as a semi-auto gun.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice, sounds like you really lucked out. My PTR 32 just flat out would not run with my sear pack. I ended up giving up and selling the gun to someone who happy to have it as a semi-auto gun.
I am sorry about that. Yes it has always run good. I think I did have the bolt carrier welded up for the sear pack. Or I replaced the bolt carrier with a HK one. Not sure but will check.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I checked my bolt and bolt carrier. My bolt is a PTR bolt head. The carrier I don't know. I either had it welded up or bought a surplus one. I know on some of the PTR carrier retainer springs needed to be replaced. I really believe I got a surplus bolt carrier.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2nd gen.
Real Bulgarian Waffle mag works the best... magpul also works sometime.
Metal mag... zero reliable.
Waffle mag works. Bulgarian slab magazine and of all things tapco mags work very well. Did your bolt carrier come already for your sear pack?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts

So here is my PTR 32 Generation 1. Really nice host and the registered sear pack runs great with it. I have made no modifications to this gun. Shown is an HK stock. I also changed the trigger housing for an SEF housing. I use Magpul mags and Bulgarian mags without any issues.

Very nice rifle! I just got a Gen II PTR32K PDW with the rail welded on top the receiver and a paddle mag release. I guess they are supposed to use a greater variety of mags too but I have not had a chance to get mine to the range yet. I do not have a fun switch but and I do not want to do a form 1 SBR. I am going to send mine to Ghilliebear and have him pin and weld an extended flash hider in place bringing the overall barrel length to over 16". I am then going to swap on a OD green wide forearm, OD green A3 retractable stock and a clipped and pinned green plastic lower.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
Very nice rifle! I just got a Gen II PTR32K PDW with the rail welded on top the receiver and a paddle mag release. I guess they are supposed to use a greater variety of mags too but I have not had a chance to get mine to the range yet. I do not have a fun switch but and I do not want to do a form 1 SBR. I am going to send mine to Ghilliebear and have him pin and weld an extended flash hider in place bringing the overall barrel length to over 16". I am then going to swap on a OD green wide forearm, OD green A3 retractable stock and a clipped and pinned green plastic lower.
Where on earth did you find this in stock?

I ask because this is my next purchase and I keep stalking Atlantic's website waiting for them to get some more....

Cheers!

And sorry to the op as I don't mean to hijack your thread! I love the looks of the gen 1 ptr 32s....like them much more than the gen 2s. Very nice weapon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Where on earth did you find this in stock?

I ask because this is my next purchase and I keep stalking Atlantic's website waiting for them to get some more....

Cheers!

And sorry to the op as I don't mean to hijack your thread! I love the looks of the gen 1 ptr 32s....like them much more than the gen 2s. Very nice weapon!

I got it in a trade deal with another member of this board. He bought from someone local to him that had bought it when the Gen II first came out.

·
Premium Member
869 Posts
I got it in a trade deal with another member of this board. He bought from someone local to him that had bought it when the Gen II first came out.
Thank you for the response. Was really hoping you had a hookup...Enjoy!! They are very cool guns! Please post pics of the finished product.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Ok so what generation do you guys have. What mags?

For mine, it was a second gen and I was using Magpul mags. I replaced the semi-carrier with a full auto one, also made by PTR. The gun would run just fine in semi-auto. But when I clicked down to full, it just wouldn't go (the first round would fire and then no go).

I might give another one a try at some point when I think I have the patience to **** around with it. I'll probably go for the PDW or pistol variant if I do. The full size was too big for the caliber, honestly (too heavy and bulk). 7.62x39 just doesn't need that massive of a gun... unless it's a beltfed LMG.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For mine, it was a second gen and I was using Magpul mags. I replaced the semi-carrier with a full auto one, also made by PTR. The gun would run just fine in semi-auto. But when I clicked down to full, it just wouldn't go (the first round would fire and then no go).

I might give another one a try at some point when I think I have the patience to **** around with it. I'll probably go for the PDW or pistol variant if I do. The full size was too big for the caliber, honestly (too heavy and bulk). 7.62x39 just doesn't need that massive of a gun... unless it's a beltfed LMG.
Using a gen 1. And yes you are right on the heavy part. But on full auto it is so controllable.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I had a gen 1 PTR-32, I had problems with the it shooting 1 round then nothing too ... my problem was the trigger pack/housing had too much slop in it, it didn't look like much but it was enough that the carrier wasn't tripping the sear. I put a shim on the shelf to keep the trigger group tight up against the upper receiver and all my problems went away ... it always worked fine with the semi pack but that was only because it didn't have to trip the auto sear ... when I had ghilliebear (Paragon) build a 52 pistol for me the 32 just sat in the safe so I sold it. Since I only have 1 sear I've replaced most all my 16" guns with SBR's.

Not that this is your problem, but you might check it out.

I did upgrade the MP5 handguard to the correct 52/53 but not until after I'd sold the 32 and this is the only picture I have of them together.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts