HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

We have a special host here today. My 7.62x39 hosts have been 2 pin PTR built hosts. This one uses a SW 93 receiver with a 33 bolt carrier and parts kit. A PTR barrel and bolt head was used in place of the 33 barrel and bolt head. Pictured with registered sear pack

This is really a fun gun to shoot. It is not as heavy as the PTR and is still very controllable. Going to have a rail welded. I don't think there are that many around and as usual Jeff does great work.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Neat stuff, once RTG's 93 flats start selling I intend to send one off to GB2K for one of these builds. Is mag selection the same as the PTRs?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Jeff built mine a couple years ago, Jane no fear ... its as nice as any factory HK

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mostly Bulgarian waffle and slab sides but I've got a couple Tapco's and they seem to work well too ... I don't have any steel mags that work reliably

I'd bought several different types of mags when TB had introduced the SW 32/52 ... I was one of the crash-test dummies. He had said this mag worked and that mag worked but none of them did so reliably ... finally it came out that he had done everything based on a 5-round Chinese mag and then he came out with a "Reliability Up-Grade" for an additional $200. I had lost all faith and sold the gun with full disclosure to a guy that had a machine shop and wanted to see if he could make it reliable ... oddly enough it was the only SW gun I ever owned that had problems and I had 5-6 at one time or another ... in fact I still have my CA89 and PSP-10

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. I noticed your gun is a ptr receiver 2 pin. I have that same gun but from ptr. The one pictured is a one pin gun built on a 93 sw receiver. I have been trying magpul mags and they work on both the ptr and sw receivers. I also use the Bulgarian and tapco mags. I avoid the metal ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am going to followup on this. Shot a couple hundred rounds on this host today along with a PTR 7.62x39 2 pin host. The rate of fire on the single pin is much more like my 33k. On the PTR it is so much slower. In fact one of the guys there said he thought I was just shooting it on semi. The PTR is so controllable though but .Uch heavier.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
652 Posts
The rate of fire on the single pin is much more like my 33k. On the PTR it is so much slower. In fact one of the guys there said he thought I was just shooting it on semi. The PTR is so controllable though but .Uch heavier.
This is why I'm waiting to have Jeff build me one. If I could afford a sear I'd go with a PTR, but since I can't I'm going for a single pin for the weight. Those PTR's sure sound good on video though.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
So many similarities, as I also have a SW52 with the pinned on barrel extension. The rear of the chamber is so "flared" (to help feeding issues) that the rear of the shell isn't supported and the propellant gas will blow out through the side of the shell case. This usually blows the magazine out of the gun and deforms the steel mag such that I need to put the mag in a vice to squeeze it together.

It looks to me that with the extra length of the AK mag and the shorter magwell of the single pin receiver, my gun has a G3 trunnion. How about your gun? Did Jeff change the trunnion or did he just change the barrel? With that goofy barrel extension with the slots in it I don't want the 52 configuration with the extension. I had thought of going the SBR route. The cocking tube material is very soft. The whole thing would need a rework. I'm just not sure the route to go. Especially where , when they are in stock, I can buy a double rear pin 52 pistol for around $1,000. It is cool you got a 32K with a 33 length instead of the G3K length. I personally find the 33 length better than the G3K length. Thanks for posting.

Scott

·
Vendor
6,899 Posts
Trunnion feed ramps and magazine catch are all custom on our guns. I have about 50 SW 32 and 52 that would just hand grenades..lol
John's gun was not one of the 52 or 32 special weapons made. One of the problems with that design was the trunnion and special weapons barrels anytime the round is not supported in the chamber is a bad idea. Heavy recoil out of battery rupturing of rounds. I believe special weapons recalled most of these guns we no longer work on those old guns because of damage to receiver cannot be repaired and how they were put together.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trunnion feed ramps and magazine catch are all custom on our guns. I have about 50 SW 32 and 52 that would just hand grenades..lol
John's gun was not one of the 52 or 32 special weapons made. One of the problems with that design was the trunnion and special weapons barrels anytime the round is not supported in the chamber is a bad idea. Heavy recoil out of battery rupturing of rounds. I believe special weapons recalled most of these guns we no longer work on those old guns because of damage to receiver cannot be repaired and how they were put together.
And by the way ran 300 rounds on that gun Saturday and oh my no issues and loved it. Compared to my PTR much lighter and rate of fire is better. And I can say Magpul mags work great with it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts