HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a USP Compact .40 and am looking for another HK. I was hoping for some suggestions. I'm not sure which direction to go in. I want to spend less than $1000 and can't decide if I want a 9mm or 45. I have my.40for carry and I take it to the rang as often as I can. I was going to go with a Kimber or Springfield 1911 when the guys at the range I go to urged me t stay with another HK. So, now I'm confused. What has cought my eye so far is a 9mm or .40 P2000, a P 30, 45 USP Tactical Compact, or a full sized USP 45. I also looked at a Glock 21 Slim Frame and the 1911's mentioned above. Any help?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I really like my new P30 :D

But, I already have a USP .45 tactical and I love that one too :)

They are both excellent for their own reasons.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I am extremely happy with the P30. It is by far one of the most comfortable guns I have ever held or shot and is very accurate. 9mm is also cheap and very fun to shoot which leads to more range time.

For .45 you can't go wrong with the fullsize USP .45. It is great for home defense and is very accurate and reliable. The USP Expert,Elite, and Tactical are all a great choice as well for range use and overall fun but is a couple bucks over your limit of $1000 (although worth it for the extra options).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks..and more questions!

I already have a USP Compact so I'm leaning twards something a little different. I'm replacing the sights on my .40 so I'm a threaded barrel away from pretty much the same pistol as the Tactical. I was thinking a 9mm would be fun and could pick up a few extras with the extra cash. I think when I get a new 45 I'm going to stick with the 1911 style. It just screems "Badass"! I'm open to suggestions though. I'm thinking P2000 right now. Would I have more accessory options with the P2000 or P30? I would still consider a 45 but thinking against it. Whats everyones opinion on 9mm or .40? Should i go with the .40 since I already have one? What is really the advantages of HK over Glock?

·
Registered
506 Posts
one thing to consider is the cost of ammo. a day at the range in 9mm is significantly cheeper than 45. Still, I just love my .45 and shoot it every time I go to the range; when I can pry it out of my daughter's hand that is. I still don't have a 9mm, but it's on my list. Maybe it's good I can only buy one every 30 days in California. I'm not sure I could afford this otherwise.
Well, I just got a second .45, this one in Urban grey so now I can shoot .45 too I guess. LOL

·
Registered
172 Posts
I also have a USPc .40, I'm more of a rifle guy than a pistol guy really. One day at the range I ran into a guy shooting a P7M8 (that I remember everybody on here *raving* about) and we traded guns for a second. It was a nice pistol, smooth, easy to handle, intuitive. And also much more carry-able than the USPc was. The big turn-off was the price tag, $1300+ brand new.

Not a month later (this was back in May-ish), H&K started releasing all the trade-in/refurb P7's that are still available on the market today. Seeing the chance to get one for about half the price of a new P7M8, I jumped at it.

So that's what I would suggest, look at one of the P7 refurb's, there are still plenty of them available and IMO it is the best gun for the money right now.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A broken record

So...I stopped by my local store today and I'm more confused than ever. I haven't seen a P30 yet, all I can find is the P2000 $730. The other 3 I looked at are a USP 45 Tactical $1030, Tan USP Custom Combat $730, and a tricked out Glock 19 for $700 (Inclueded a Glock light, upgraded trigger, extended mag release,night sights, ect...) I'm going to a gun show friday but I'm not sure if there will be any P30 or HK45's there. I just cant seem to be able to pull the trigger.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
The P2000 is a great weapon you could also find a P2000SK in the 9mm if that is of your taste. You need to check CDNN prices on line. They are much more affordable than what you have menchened.

You can tell from the price on the Glock which one your local dealer is trying to push at you. Wonder Why? TJ

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
P2K is a great weapon I love it. However, the P30 is just plain awesome. It has become my carry gun. I have already put 500 rounds through it and all others haven't came out of the safe since I got it. A buddy of mine just got a P2K his first trip to the range with it he couldn't leave my P30 alone. He forgot all about his new pistol and couldn't leave mine alone.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
It has become my carry gun. I have already put 500 rounds through it and all others haven't came out of the safe since I got it.
What holster are you using? Since I picked up my P30 all of my other guns are left in the safe.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
I have a Nylon "tucker" for a P2K that I have been using. It fits fine and I can still tuck my shirt in around it. I learned about them in Gun tests. It is one of the few things I ever agreed with them about. Usually I just laughed at their opinions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
HK!

The guy at your range it right. Make your next gun another HK. Just like the old Lays potato chip commercial used to say: "YOU CAN'T EAT JUST ONE" !
The P2000 is a goos idea. I just got a used 9mm P2000sk, as a backup to my USP Compact .45. This makes 4 HK pistols for me. I snuck a 1911 in between the HK purchases for good measure.
Happy Shopping!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pretty much decided

Think I'm going to try to have a P30 transferred. I'm going to go 9mm and I REALLY want to wait for the HK45 Tac models to come out before I shell over a $1000 on one. So, I hope the P30 will hold me over. I have a new AR on the way so that will keep me busy too. Thanks for everyones input. I'll be on here soon trying to find this P30 and direction on how to have it transferred unless I find one this weekend at the gun show I'm going to.

·
Registered
648 Posts
You won't be disappointed with the P30. Mine just came in yesterday and my dealer let me test it out. 100 rounds later I had a s*#t eating grin on my face that lasted the rest of the day. Can't wait for the paperwork to go through so I can actually bring it home.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts