HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's another clone I just picked up (I'm on a HK clone binge), Vector V-93 originally from Ohio Rapid Fire. Looks great, and has the original HK33 barrel with pinned FH to make it 16" legal. This makes the rifle look much more proportional compared to the original HK design than the lengthened HK93 barrel. It definitely feels lighter compared to G3 clones. Very nice overall and I wish Vector would crank out more of these as these feel very well made, better than Coharie stuff.

·
Registered
157 Posts
So is it an Ohio Rapidfire RF33, a Vector V93 reciever made into a rifle by Ohio Rapid fire or a Vector made V93 purchased from Ohio Rapid fire??

·
Registered
390 Posts
The same company made the Vector rifles that are making the Cohaire, so how are Vector's any better?

I really like the look of those mags.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I meant in terms of the finish, this V-93 gun is definitely head and shoulder above the Coharie paint that's on my CA89.

As for the true origin of the gun, that's a good question I am not yet certain. The receiver is definitely marked Vector V-93, so it's not RF33. It also has bayonet lug adaptor, as well as the paddle mag release. Does anyone know if Vector factory V-93 came with those? If not, then this would probably be a ORF made rifle using V-93 and HK (or POF) parts.

·
Registered
366 Posts
The same company made the Vector rifles that are making the Cohaire, so how are Vector's any better?
Vector gets their receivers and US compliance parts from the same place but the rifles are built by Vector.

G36gunner said:
It also has bayonet lug adaptor, as well as the paddle mag release. Does anyone know if Vector factory V-93 came with those?
My V-93 came with the paddle mag release however it doesn't have the bayonet lug.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good info HKfreak. Did your V93 come with SEF grip frame? Also does yours have the HK33 15.5" barrel with pinned flash hider to make it legal, or does it have the longer barrel with screwed on flash hider?

Also my receiver serial# starts with U. I wonder if Vector mark certain receivers as a different batch to denote non-Vector built rifles. JLD does that with their "B" serial number.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Good info HKfreak. Did your V93 come with SEF grip frame? Also does yours have the HK33 15.5" barrel with pinned flash hider to make it legal, or does it have the longer barrel with screwed on flash hider?
Mine came with a "clone" Navy type lower and the barrel (from what Vector told me) is a 16", 1/9 twist, US made barrel. Here is a pic...

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great looking set up. My barrel FH is pinned due to the length. Where'd you get those mags, they look very nice!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts