HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long story short, I'm looking to compliment my RRA Elite CAR A4 with something more 300-500 yardsish. Ultimately I decided on something HK 91/G3, half because I think they're dead sexy to look at, and half because of the accuracy.

At first I was looking at purchasing a basic PTR and throwing some trick stuff on, but I wondered if I could save some cash and have some fun by building one ground up with only the bits I wanted (Don't bash me, I realize HK's can be money pits, much like my German car fetish). Something along the lines of an MSG90. Keep in mind i'm not an authenticity freak and I love auction websites LOL.

Anyway! I've been bookmarking pages and pages and researching how they fit together and work, and I've got a few questions:

1. Barrels!!! Anyone got a line on something not horrible that won't break the bank? here's what I've found:
Urbach: Top of the line quality with prices to match
Joeken: cheap "HK Authentic" of questionable quality
JLD: 20" Barrel too large for a triple frame requiring custom work? $300

2. Barrels + trunions + recievers? From what I can gather the barrel is pressed into the trunion and pinned and the trunion is a tight fit into the reciever and welded at six points. How do you press the barrel to the correct depth for bolt face clearance etc?

·
Registered
99 Posts
If you need the triple-frame bored out let me know. I just bored one out to fit a heavier barrel to an HK91. The barrel in question had a diameter of .707"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts