HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Im Robert and Im in the military and I am stationed at Point Loma Naval Base in San Diego, CA as a Navy military police and I just purchased my first firearm let alone H&K. my weapon of choice was the USP .40 Compact V1. I should have had the weapon yesterday, but when I went in after the 10 day waiting period they told me that the 10 days were never started and now I would have to wait until the 21JAN2008. This sucks! Although this is my first time posting Ive been on the forums awhile educating myself about the weapon. I realized that in the process I joined the "RIGHT" community. Everybody from the new guys to the old timers are really knowledgeable and helpful. Hopefully when I get the gun my computer illiterate self will post some pictures of my gun. I also to have my GG&G USP light rail adapter and the insight M6x laser/light combo by then. May be someone in this area can show me how to sight in the laser. thanks again and sorry to blab on about randon crap. peace and God bless.

PS. I know Ill have alot more questions, and i cant promise none of them wont be stupid ones, so please deal with me. I wont ask unless i possibly cannot find it in the search portion of the forum.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Welcome aboard.

I can't believe that even though you are military police you still have to wait ten days! What a load of crap that is. Thanks for your service and be safe. Have fun with your new weapon, whenever you get it. :)

·
Registered
257 Posts
An easy way to sight in your laser is to borrow or purchase a chamber and/or arbor type laser and then place a target 25ft away. Turn on both lasers and align the weapon laser to the arbor laser emitting from the barrel.

Someone may have a better solution, but this is simple and puts you on paper quick.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks much

An easy way to sight in your laser is to borrow or purchase a chamber and/or arbor type laser and then place a target 25ft away. Turn on both lasers and align the weapon laser to the arbor laser emitting from the barrel.

Someone may have a better solution, but this is simple and puts you on paper quick.
Thank you I will try that.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Welcome aboard to the HKPRO forums. Congrats of your USP 40. Being an MP. You draw your weapon every time your on duty. But now wait 10 days. What a bunch of dumbells who sold you your USP 40. That they did not do the paper work right.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome aboard to the HKPRO forums. Congrats of your USP 40. Being an MP. You draw your weapon every time your on duty. But now wait 10 days. What a bunch of dumbells who sold you your USP 40. That they did not do the paper work right.
It was "Discount Gun Mart and Indoor Range"- 1510 Morena Blvd. Suite F in San Diego, CA 92110. Im not bitter though everyone makes mistakes. I understand.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Your new HK40c

Robert, after you get the gun, you might want to consider having it converted to the LEM movement. Try to find someone out there who has one and try firing it to see the difference. I think you said you got the var1 and the LEM is Var7. I really like it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
?

Robert, after you get the gun, you might want to consider having it converted to the LEM movement. Try to find someone out there who has one and try firing it to see the difference. I think you said you got the var1 and the LEM is Var7. I really like it.
i was actually wondering about that but i didnt want to ask just yet because i didnt want to get the reply..."use the search function." but since you brought it up...i wanted to know if you knew what the difference was between the "LEM" and a "Match" trigger? i also read in the forum that there has to be some fabrication of some sort for i believe the match trigger to get it to fit to the compact. as for the LEM how do i go about aquiring one? it there some type of conversion? do i have to find the parts myself? how much? can anyone install it? how will that affect the warranty? sorry i know that was alot of crap, but these are things that go through my mind as a newbie. all im trying to do is educate myself so i do things the right way. after all HK in general is not cheap.

·
Registered
349 Posts
i was actually wondering about that but i didnt want to ask just yet because i didnt want to get the reply..."use the search function." but since you brought it up...i wanted to know if you knew what the difference was between the "LEM" and a "Match" trigger? i also read in the forum that there has to be some fabrication of some sort for i believe the match trigger to get it to fit to the compact. as for the LEM how do i go about aquiring one? it there some type of conversion? do i have to find the parts myself? how much? can anyone install it? how will that affect the warranty? sorry i know that was alot of crap, but these are things that go through my mind as a newbie. all im trying to do is educate myself so i do things the right way. after all HK in general is not cheap.
You can get LEM kits from CDNN and do it yourself by following the instructions listed as a "sticky" on this forum or you can find a local gunsmith that knows about HKs. I don't know what the warranty situation is on the firearm, but my understanding is if you work on it yourself, you void the warranty. However, it is also my understanding, that most gunsmiths will warranty/guarantee their own work. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks much

You can get LEM kits from CDNN and do it yourself by following the instructions listed as a "sticky" on this forum or you can find a local gunsmith that knows about HKs. I don't know what the warranty situation is on the firearm, but my understanding is if you work on it yourself, you void the warranty. However, it is also my understanding, that most gunsmiths will warranty/guarantee their own work. Good luck and have fun.
thank you. i will look into that. all of the insight that this borad has to offer is great.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The best way to convert the gun to the LEM variation is to call HK customer support and arrange to send the gun to them to do. I understand it is not expensive (on the order of a $100 or so, somebody had written somewhere) and it takes a couple weeks. With HK doing the mod, you will have full lifetime warranty on the gun.

I bought my HK USP40C as an LEM version. There are good descriptions of this variation on the internet if you do some searching. The LEM model I have has no safety or decocking lever at all. The trigger pull is very long and light but not as light as a glock. The pull is so long that it would be darned near impossible to accidently fire the weapon.
The hammer is different, really an internal and external hammer. You cannot safely decock the hammer on this gun once the gun has had a round inserted. You must CLEAR the gun, then dry-fire it to decock.

The best way to try one is probably to ask around at the local range/FFL to flind a commercial pilot who is a Federal Flight Deck Officer, FFDO. This LEM version of the HK USP40c is the gun that these federally licensed officers/pilots are issued for onboard emergency use. You would really want to shoot one to see what it is like before making a decision on convertion. They really are a different DAO but for Law Enforcement use, are very well liked. I think several Federal agencies use them besides the FFDOs.

I do not know about the matched trigger, etc. I have heard it mentioned in text but have no idea what it is about.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks much

The best way to convert the gun to the LEM variation is to call HK customer support and arrange to send the gun to them to do. I understand it is not expensive (on the order of a $100 or so, somebody had written somewhere) and it takes a couple weeks. With HK doing the mod, you will have full lifetime warranty on the gun.

I bought my HK USP40C as an LEM version. There are good descriptions of this variation on the internet if you do some searching. The LEM model I have has no safety or decocking lever at all. The trigger pull is very long and light but not as light as a glock. The pull is so long that it would be darned near impossible to accidently fire the weapon.
The hammer is different, really an internal and external hammer. You cannot safely decock the hammer on this gun once the gun has had a round inserted. You must CLEAR the gun, then dry-fire it to decock.

The best way to try one is probably to ask around at the local range/FFL to flind a commercial pilot who is a Federal Flight Deck Officer, FFDO. This LEM version of the HK USP40c is the gun that these federally licensed officers/pilots are issued for onboard emergency use. You would really want to shoot one to see what it is like before making a decision on convertion. They really are a different DAO but for Law Enforcement use, are very well liked. I think several Federal agencies use them besides the FFDOs.

I do not know about the matched trigger, etc. I have heard it mentioned in text but have no idea what it is about.
thanks for the heads up. i will keep that in mind while im researching. as soon as i decide what im going to do i will update you.

·
Registered
4 Posts

1 - 16 of 16 Posts