HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys (and Gals),

I'm reasonably experienced with HK pistols, but when my SP5K arrives it will be my first venture into the world of roller-locked's. Ultimately I'd like to make it look like the MP5K below (PDW?), less the full-auto conversion. I already have my trust setup and am experienced with filing Form 1's, so I guess the main question is how to add the folding stock and VFG. Would eventually like to add the 3-lug adapter as well, but the stock and VFG are my first priorities. I'd prefer to use original German HK parts if/when possible. Any advice or resources y'all can provide are appreciated.

·
Registered
98 Posts
File a Form 1, buy the stock and foregrip from HKParts.net, on approved Form 1, install them.

If you plan on getting a PDW/NAVY barrel, either you will need to extend the existing one, buy an American one, or pony up the bucks for a German one.

SAMMY!

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Exactly what Sammy said, it's as simple as pushing out the rear two pins and installing the stock. And pushing out the front pin and using the vfg. To run the gun with a stock installed you will need to purchase an mp5k locking piece. Number 28 I believe so it functions correctly.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
File a Form 1, buy the stock and foregrip from HKParts.net, on approved Form 1, install them.

If you plan on getting a PDW/NAVY barrel, either you will need to extend the existing one, buy an American one, or pony up the bucks for a German one.

SAMMY!
Thanks! So sounds like the German parts are not only available, but compatible with, the new SP5K...Excellent.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Exactly what Sammy said, it's as simple as pushing out the rear two pins and installing the stock. And pushing out the front pin and using the vfg. To run the gun with a stock installed you will need to purchase an mp5k locking piece. Number 28 I believe so it functions correctly.
By stock don't you mean suppressed? Why would you need a locking piece for a stock to be installed...?

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
By stock don't you mean suppressed? Why would you need a locking piece for a stock to be installed...?
I wondered this too, but thought I just had a lot to learn...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Unless it's a MG you will need your 6 US made 922r compliance parts after a form1 is approved to convert into a sbr. If I was you I would choose the handguard, buttstock, cocking handle, floor plate, trigger, and sear. Easiest and cheapest as you will need the furniture anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
SP89s came with a 110 deg LP. When adding a shoulder stock use a std 100 deg LP. When adding a suppressor go with a#28 (80 deg) LP.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
No idea on the LP delivered with the gun. The reason for the LP change when fitting a shoulder stock is due to the increased recoil energy absorbed by the gun during firing when buttressed against a shoulder as opposed to the energy dissipated as a result of the gun recoiling. Probably not the best explanation but hopefully you get the gist of it.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No idea on the LP delivered with the gun. The reason for the LP change when fitting a shoulder stock is due to the increased recoil energy absorbed by the gun during firing when buttressed against a shoulder as opposed to the energy dissipated as a result of the gun recoiling. Probably not the best explanation but hopefully you get the gist of it.
Got it...see, I knew I had a lot to learn.

Re 922r, forgot about this crazy law. All my prior Form 1's and building experience have been on the AR platform and haven't had to worry about 922r...:73:

·
Vendor
1,306 Posts
The LP has nothing to do with the use of a stock.
The same buffer is in the factory cap that is also in the HK stock.
HK has switched all K's and most likely the SP5K to the MP5 100 deg LP.
MM

·
Registered
8,294 Posts
The LP has nothing to do with the use of a stock.
The same buffer is in the factory cap that is also in the HK stock.
HK has switched all K's and most likely the SP5K to the MP5 100 deg LP.
MM
There was some discussion earlier on HKPro that said HK was recommending the 80 degree LP when using the stock, not because the stock itself changed anything, but because using the stock against a more stable platform (your shoulder) resulted in better reliability with the 80 degree. I thought Marine said that, but could be mistaken. Not sure if that is what HK recommends, just passing along what my decrepit memory conjured up. But agree, the 100 degree seems to be the standard now.

·
Vendor
1,306 Posts
Interesting as that is a pretty good drop in angle.
That leads to my long time theory that ALL HK's are "over angled" to provide reliability in adverse conditions.
This is why my MM51's run flawless with a std. 45 degree LP and even my G9 40 degree.
My G17 36 degree makes a 91 reliable in civilian applications and recoil like an AR15.
MM

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How? People (mostly me) want to know.
Send him a PM and see if he has any left from his first shipment coming in that aren't sold. Then if so, send him a check and your FFL.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Unless it's a MG you will need your 6 US made 922r compliance parts after a form1 is approved to convert into a sbr. If I was you I would choose the handguard, buttstock, cocking handle, floor plate, trigger, and sear. Easiest and cheapest as you will need the furniture anyway.
Does anyone know if this trigger pack by Zenith will fit in the upcoming SP5K? By my count since it counts for 4 parts, if it will fit simply changing the magazine floorplates and charging handle to US-made would make me 992r compliant. Am I understanding this correctly? Thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts