HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I would bet money that it won't happen...

Remember HK focuses on designing firearms for LE and Military applications. Not civilians.

There are virtually NO applications for the 10MM round in either currently other than some Alaskan park ranger types that I have heard carry G20's but don't quote me on that

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,853 Posts
I would too... But no.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Seems to me a 10mm conversion barrel for the HK45 would be doable, would 10mm feed in .45 mags? Of coures this is a little redundant since the Hk45 and USP .45 can both fire .45 Supers which are right there with 10mm.

·
Registered
818 Posts
After looking at my P30, I do not there is enough length in a P30 mag well even if made longer to accommodate the 10 MM round. It would be doable in an HK45 frame.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe there are a few agencies that may use the 10 but i do get your point. Sadly, i feel you are all correct about the subject. I would lay down my coins today for one! Am i really gonna have to do the unthinkable and get a, it's so hard to say, a glock? All kidding aside i know a g20sf is a fine weapon but i would so much rather have an HK with LEM. Somebody do something!

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I believe there are a few agencies that may use the 10 but i do get your point. Sadly, i feel you are all correct about the subject. I would lay down my coins today for one! Am i really gonna have to do the unthinkable and get a, it's so hard to say, a glock? All kidding aside i know a g20sf is a fine weapon but i would so much rather have an HK with LEM. Somebody do something!
I know where you can get a like new in box G20SF......... :wink:

·
Registered
325 Posts
It would be hard enough to convince them to make a striker fired model, let alone a caliber that was basically created at the request of the FBI and then replaced by the .40 SW.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glock is making a killing on the G20, and there's pent up demand for the gen 4.

The 10mm has had a major resurgence in popularity over the last 5 years. Georgia Arms produces cheap, quality target ammo. Underwood makes full power loadings at the same price point as 45 ACP.

The 10mm is a more versatile round than the 9mm or 45. You can load 220 grain hard cast rounds that have enough penetration to hunt bear, or you can load 135 grain JHP that move at 1600 fps out of a 4.6" barrel, and have more energy at 100 yards than a 45 ACP at the muzzle.

If HK made a combat pistol in 10mm there would be a small army of enthusiasts lining up to buy it instead of a glock 20. If the pistol had enough heft and could handle the recoil, I bet you would see military and LE show interest. Especially if a major ammo manufacturer started producing full power rounds with bullets designed for the velocities, and steel core for the military.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Exactly

G20c with 200 gr. Nosler HP hand loads fully loaded. Hard to beat!
Glock is making a killing on the G20, and there's pent up demand for the gen 4.

The 10mm has had a major resurgence in popularity over the last 5 years. Georgia Arms produces cheap, quality target ammo. Underwood makes full power loadings at the same price point as 45 ACP.

The 10mm is a more versatile round than the 9mm or 45. You can load 220 grain hard cast rounds that have enough penetration to hunt bear, or you can load 135 grain JHP that move at 1600 fps out of a 4.6" barrel, and have more energy at 100 yards than a 45 ACP at the muzzle.

If HK made a combat pistol in 10mm there would be a small army of enthusiasts lining up to buy it instead of a glock 20. If the pistol had enough heft and could handle the recoil, I bet you would see military and LE show interest. Especially if a major ammo manufacturer started producing full power rounds with bullets designed for the velocities, and steel core for the military.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts