HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that the HK45 was designed to meet the US military's needs. Does anyone know if there any chance any branch will be switching to these from Berettas?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Not likely, the contract that the HK45 was made for was calcelled many months ago.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It would have been nice to have one issued!!! I just got done drooling all over one at a local shop! I held a P30 for the very first time today too. I LOVE the way the P30 and the HK45 feel!!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Right now I don't see the pentagon spending the money to replace a existing weapon. Especially when it is just a pistol, and not a primary fighting weapon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think the window of opportunity for new firearms aquisition has closed for this war. Have to wait for the next one before big spending gets approved for new firearms aquisition on a large scale.
:330:

·
Registered
402 Posts
With the amount of $$ spent since '03, I seriously doubt the USA have a new rifle or pistol in the armed forces for at least the next 10 years. Critical research $$ is now missing, and to further that they keep shrinking the number of F-22's and F-35's the US is going to buy. Also, it's hard to believe, but the B-2 is now 20 years old!! I don't see any $$ going towards new infantry "small arms" for better or for worse.

·
Registered
506 Posts
one more argument for thinking the USP and P2000 may still be around for a while.

·
Registered
402 Posts
It's about time for leadership to get a REAL plan to get out of Iraq (and that doesn't mean just pull out and leave a vacuum). We need to build back the US military to where everybody knows not to mess with us or it truly will be HE11 to pay and most importantly get morale back up. Quit P-footing around and let's take care of business like we did in WWII. We're using up all our top stuff and have no $$ to replace it. As much as it'd be cool to see a new rifle and handgun, personally I think we need to be spending $$ on research and acquisition of new infrastructure. The left wing wants to give those precious dollars to "social" programs, not defense of the USA. Go read the GAO report...it's SCARY!!! We cannot rest on our laurels militarily or financially.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
It's about time for leadership to get a REAL plan to get out of Iraq (and that doesn't mean just pull out and leave a vacuum). We need to build back the US military to where everybody knows not to mess with us or it truly will be HE11 to pay and most importantly get morale back up. Quit P-footing around and let's take care of business like we did in WWII. We're using up all our top stuff and have no $$ to replace it. As much as it'd be cool to see a new rifle and handgun, personally I think we need to be spending $$ on research and acquisition of new infrastructure. The left wing wants to give those precious dollars to "social" programs, not defense of the USA. Go read the GAO report...it's SCARY!!! We cannot rest on our laurels militarily or financially.
No chance of that happening these days. Even with a tough conservative in office, with a republican house, theres WAY to much political correctness to just go in like WWII and get **** done.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Tis true...:( :(.

I just wish folks up there would drop the party line and do what's best. Fat chance. Even Ronald Reagan managed to at least work somewhat successfully with Tip O'Neil!! Talk about 2 different viewpoints.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I Quit P-footing around and let's take care of business like we did in WWII... The left wing wants to give those precious dollars to "social" programs, not defense of the USA.
Funny how you use the term "p-footing," isn't saying that essentially "***** footing" around the very term. And how can we take care of things like we did in WW II. We can't put are foot down like we did in WW II, because this conflict isn't like WW II. We have no clearly defined National entity that opposes us with direct military action (Iran makes noise - and elements within the country likely supply Iraqi militants).

And the current administration has no problem paying huge contracts out instead of using money to provide better equipment to our men and women - what the hell is that?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Not likely, the contract that the HK45 was made for was calcelled many months ago.

Remember, at one time the contract on the B1-B Bomber was cancelled too!

Anything is possible. The military wants a 45 ACP and eventually they will
get what they want?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Call me stupid, but last time I checked we didn't just jump into WW2. We only supplied the Brits and Chinese with both materials and pilots until the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. After that I wouldn't call it "jumping in and kicking ass", there was a lot of time and care put into the planning and overall process (something lacking with the Iraq War).

·
Registered
600 Posts
I would say, the chances are FAT.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Call me stupid, but last time I checked we didn't just jump into WW2. We only supplied the Brits and Chinese with both materials and pilots until the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. After that I wouldn't call it "jumping in and kicking ass", there was a lot of time and care put into the planning and overall process (something lacking with the Iraq War).
Very true.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts