HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any decent US-made, factory-looking, G3 furniture out there?

Or should I use a surplus buttstock and handguard and install a couple of other US parts? Assuming this is on a non-problematic CAI C91, as opposed to an unassembled parts kit, what two parts do you suggest I swap? The muzzle is chopped, but I may have it threaded, so if you know an oem-looking muzzle brake, please let me know.

IIRC, the compliance parts on the C91 are as follows:
receiver
cocking handle
hammer
sear
pistol grip
buttstock
handguard

Lastly, I searched for “US parts”, “US buttstock”, etc. and all I discovered is that apparently the JLD buttstock also sucks.

TIA for your feedback!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Lastly, I searched for “US parts”, “US buttstock”, etc. and all I discovered is that apparently the JLD buttstock also sucks.

TIA for your feedback!
The buffer may be an oversized eraser, but I'd be curious as to how you arrived at the conclusion that their buttstock sucks?

·
Premium Member
2,756 Posts
The early PTR-91 butt stocks were terrible: very cheap plastic, all one-piece so you could not instal the large buffer screw. On the newer PTRs the stock is quite nice. The only difference I can see with an HK stock is that it has a only slightly higher luster, which I don't care for, but its hardly noticeable. You can buy these on the PTR internet store.

·
Registered
589 Posts
That makes sense. Sounds like that company has come a long way. The only thing that makes me sure my buttstock is US made is the scorpion logo. I think you might be pleasantly surprised by one, MG-70.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll check the JLD out, and hopefully they make wide handguards also.

DarthVictor, as stated in the original post, I found the negative opinions on the JLD stock by searching this site, but judging from your replies now, the quality must've improved since the posts I found were written.

Thanks again

·
Registered
589 Posts
I see. Guess they've come a long way with all of their products. Was a time when ppl would even tell you not to buy their rifles, now they get pretty much top honors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
A few questions on the US PTR stock from those who have one. Will the HK rubber butt plate fit? Does it have the plastic piece that the back of the buffer attaches to? If so I assume it is for the standard buffer? Anyone install either the MSG-90 or two stage buffer, any problems with fit? The on line photo doesn't show the PRT logo, is it on the other side (the right side)?

·
Registered
589 Posts
All I can answer for sure is that the logo is in the sling mount recess. As far as the rest of it, mine came with a whole, working, semi-automatic .308 attached, so I haven't really bothered to mess with it too much. :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts