HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already have a JLD PTR-91 (an early good one) and I love it so I am now looking at getting a HK 93 clone with a para stock. For my first one I have decided to go the pre-built route and might do a custom build later. I am looking at the Vector/Kelly Enterprises VKE-93 package with the 14.5" barrel, vented hand guard, permenant flash hider and extra fixed stock or an Altantic Firearms Vector V-93. Other than vented hand guard is there any physical or parts difference between the two? They both have 5 year warranty's. The VKE-93 seems to be a better deal for $50 more.

Many Thanks,
Kevin

1,159 Posts
Kevin

They are the same gun from Vector as far as we know we normally offer discounts to HK Pro members so will be able to save you a few bucks and do not charge a 3 % credit card fee so that will save on top of the discount .Please email our office for a price quote and mention your HK Pro user name.

[email protected]

Thank You
Atlantic Firearms.com

·
Banned
848 Posts
I thought there were a few upgrades from Chuck at Kelly Enterprises. Please chime in chuck and enlighten the forum members.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I thought there were a few upgrades from Chuck at Kelly Enterprises. Please chime in chuck and enlighten the forum members.
You have a dreat deal more options with kelly v93 but the perm flash hider is not for me. However I really like this combo package and have entertained the idea of getting this Assault Weapons : 93-VKE PARA STOCK , VENTED! on sale! Also the wood stock option one is kinda cool as getting one made from someone can cost like 200 bucks, unless you can do it yourself.

·
Banned
848 Posts
I thought we were referring to a full length rifle. We have not supplied any barrels for that.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will be getting the full length version. As far as I can determine the standard full length barrels are have 1:12 rifling and the shorter 12.5 inch RCM barrels have 1:7 with a long vortex flash hider. I am not sure if I can justify an extra $400 for a shorter RCM barrel. Is the cost worth it to get a faster twist barrel?

Kevin

·
Registered
25 Posts
I wonder if Chuck would step in and clarify here. His website says RCM's barrel, and RCM just stated they have not supplied any barrels for that length?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to everyone and especially Atlantic Firearms for the information and advise. It is greatly appreciated.

Kevin

·
Registered
7 Posts
Railweed is correct... the V-93 Para Stock has a 14.5" barrel with 1:12 twist and was manufactured in Germany for the HK33 contracts. I own two of these guns and verified the 1:12 twist rate with Jeffrey McNatt Vice President, Vector Arms Corp.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everybody. I ordered a V-93 from Atlantic Firearms. It should arrive to my FFL holder on Monday. Atlantic was really great to deal with. They made it an easy experience.

Kevin

·
Registered
56 Posts
There may not be any difference, but I really think that the vented forearm looks sweet. My V93 is one of my most prized possessions.

·
Banned
72 Posts
ALL THE 14.5' 93 RIFLES HAVE THE SAME BARRELS, THEY ARE SURPLUS HK 33 1/12 BARRELS

First, fogive my typing! OK the 93, 14.5" barreled guns are all the same, (the kelly guns have lots of nice free extras!) they are hk 33 14.5" 1/12 surplus barrels,( at least thats what i have always been told, for years now,and I believe it, they came with the old parts kits from years ago) the hk flashiders are then welded for 16" legallity,Next there were some 16" threaded barrels on older 93 guns,, they were green mountain new barrels, if i recall they were 4140 barrels. The hk flashider unscrewed on those, so its easy to see which one you have. The next thing is the 93k guns, all my VKE-93K guns come with NEW RCM 4145 cold hammer forged barrels they are 12.69" and proper hk fluting from rcm and 1/7 twist. All the vke-93k guns will have the same barrels always ,or i wont have em made. These 93k guns are only availble thru kellyenterprises, no one on earth will have this same gun, its my exclusive, and as such, I can keep a better eye on them. if you see them anywhere else, they just plain dont have em and wont. There are only small runs made on purpose, we are trying to keep quaility up, basicly by taking our time with them, so.... if any one buys a vke-93k or vke-91k and has any issues with them, please call me rite away at 305 923 6560 anytime, i will have it taken care of personally. thats the best i can do, sorry for not seeing this thread, but being open 9-9, 7 days a week and on the phone all the time, i just never get to look around the sites much. anyway, thanks for all the support that my customers give me, without them , i dont have a job! Thanks again and please forgive my typing!!! If you need help, fastest easiest way is just call 305 923 6560, I am on that phone all day and night! Sincerely Chuck

·
Banned
72 Posts
all the current 93 guns come with 14.5" barrels and perm hk flashider, only way to get anything else, is find the 16" threaded barrel guns. You have to find an old one in back stock, probley a year or two old new back stock,, not sure who has that as they sell fast.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts