HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I've recently become interested in the MP5 receiver flats seen for sale on GunBroker by that dude. Mostly because of the sweet parts set acquired here on HKPro. I've searched on this forum and gotten some interesting info on the source of the flats, metalurgy, etc.

I just want to know if anyone has actually made one into a firearm yet, and how good is/ could the quality be? I am not a machinist or smith, I would seek someone skilled to do the work for me (if I can find someone).

I saw the post where IGF was doing a few, I just wondered how those turned out. I haven't heard of any other good HK smiths doing this work, but I haven't asked anyone.

Thanks for anyinput or info.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Some time ago Ghilliebear posted pics of one he had completed. Mike r on these boards is actively working on one. There are a couple of others working on theirs, too.

·
Banned
366 Posts
I like how you guys call him "that dude"... LOL...

I had a run in with "that dude" via email the other day. What an *******. I was trying to buy one of his guns and he told me to go elsewhere when I had concerns about using a money order.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have one in-bound from Derek Hoffman at AXEZARMS. SW receiver with all other parts German. Will post again after taking it to the range.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
I have one of "those" flats from "that" dude, lol, aquired from a third party. I have all the pre-weld items done (sling-clip & port buffer) and just got all my engraving done. I milled out the remaining portion of the mag catch today and plan to roll it next week.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
I am pretty sure "that dude" is now out of flats , I have one listed on GB curently , here is a link to some I bent using a mill vise , some drill rod and clamps

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56810

turned out very nice , I built a stretched K of sorts with one of mine.
PBB - did you flatten out the radii at the bottom of the rails? And if you did, did you make tapered blocks with radiused corners to do it with, or just use some flat bar stock?

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
mp5 flat

i rolled 2 flats and put parts kits in both without any problems. check with hkparts in slc. he has flats priced right!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts