HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking a very hard look at these, but I'd like to see some decent pictures before I take the plunge. I got burned badly shelling out 1600 bucks on a CA94 that turned out to be a complete piece of crap and I want to make sure these aren't even in that same realm as far as quality goes. My main areas of concern are:

Do these have the US made ambi-grip? The one on my CA94 was and felt cheap/unauthentic. You could easily tell that it was not an HK part. It was duller and lighter in color and felt like it was made out of toy-grade polymer

Are the welds decent?

I have looked through the threads extensively and found very few pictures other than a few small cell phone shots with poor lighting. Can anyone help me out here?

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I don't have one of Dave's guns but I can tell you this: He is a straight up guy and has helped me out on some things outside his builds, something he did not have to do. Speaks volumes for me. There are many pics posted here of his guns and they are a far cry from the old Coharie guns. However the last of the Coharie guns to come out were actually pretty good but Getz firearms are with very good welds no cheap internals and I don't think anyone here that has one is disappointed.

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
I thought I've uploaded some pics but cant remember. I have the MP5k pistol one for use with my sear. Ive been happy with mine. I'll be honest though I'm much more interested in reliability as a FA host than artistic value so others could better answer your question. It runs great in FA.

I just reviewed my picasa album and failed to readily see close up decent pics of the DJF gun. Next time I get it out of the safe I'll try to remember to snap a few pics for you.

-hh

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
+1 on what US Prae states above. Grade A+ customer service. Dave is a nice guy to deal with. I never owned a Coharie so cant compare.

hh

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't expect it to be a da Vinci piece or anything, I just demand that it looks high quality. I think a problem with the HK community is that some people have a "Well, it was only 1700 bucks, what do you expect?" attitude simply because we're dealing with HKs. I really want a decent clone and have for a long, long time, I just need to see some decent photos and be convinced that they're worth it. Everyone convinced me to get my CA94 talking about how great theirs were, but in reality it was a flimsy piece of trash that felt like it was made of soup cans. Now I'm terrified of all 9mm HK clones.

·
Registered
25 Posts
It might help if you were a little more specific about what you're looking for, or to avoid.

The DJF clones are made on bmp receivers with some very nice upgrades. He does the inspection and quality control himself, something of a sore point with
the CA/BA guns. I own one, I like it. Nice welds, Real navy trigger groups.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It might help if you were a little more specific about what you're looking for, or to avoid.

The DJF clones are made on bmp receivers with some very nice upgrades. He does the inspection and quality control himself, something of a sore point with
the CA/BA guns. I own one, I like it. Nice welds, Real navy trigger groups.
I think I've been specific enough. I mean, are there so many things are wrong with the gun that I need to be specific? I just want to know if there is anything wrong with them. Some pictures would be nice, too.

·
Registered
390 Posts
How do you post pics? I don't see an optoin for hyperlinking a pic directly into the post.
I have a couple of the mp5sd clone that DJ built. It is gorgeous.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just gotta click the insert image button 3rd from the right on quick reply, then select "from computer" if it's not uploaded anywhere.

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
I don't expect it to be a da Vinci piece or anything, I just demand that it looks high quality. I think a problem with the HK community is that some people have a "Well, it was only 1700 bucks, what do you expect?" attitude simply because we're dealing with HKs. I really want a decent clone and have for a long, long time, I just need to see some decent photos and be convinced that they're worth it. Everyone convinced me to get my CA94 talking about how great theirs were, but in reality it was a flimsy piece of trash that felt like it was made of soup cans. Now I'm terrified of all 9mm HK clones.
Not me. I have more of a "Well, it was only 1100 bucks, what do you expect?" attitude.

Flimsy piece of trash made out of soup cans? Well at least it wasn't beer cans. Those are really really thin.

·
Vendor
2,037 Posts
OP,

Here's my new DJF MP5k pistol but in a couple different configs...one is with the Fleming A2 adapter and the other a Choate folder.
I ran about 300 rounds thru it just today. Had only 2-3 "jams" and 2 of them were using a 40 round aftermarket Korean mag. I shot steel Silver Bear and some Federal variant brass 115gr. Shot both equally as well. Couldnt use my CAC-45 on it as the DJF threads are different than my 1/2 x 28 can adapter threads and I don't have a 3 lug.

I included a pile of pics from the shoot and during cleaning. You'll notice that the paint is missing from one pinhole region. Yep. Can't remember how it happened but it's been isolated so far. I'm not using the Ambi pack that is stock with the gun as I shoot only SEF with my sear. I had an extra factory MP5k grip frame that did require a small amount of dremel work to line the holes up with the gun. The pins remain tight but the gun is entirely functional and I'm very very happy with it's performance. It was accurate. I shot flipper plates from about 40 yards for 2 hrs. Bolt gap after cleaning was 0.20" (.508mm). I'm thinking that my factory HK Fleming converted SP89 will get a park job and put deep into the safe for a while.

DJF was a pleasure to deal with and I'd buy another gun from him any day. I have several guns from : DJF, MM, Dakota, and Ghillie. I've been happy with all of them and have nothing ill to say of their products or service. I esp like the Dakota MP5k rev. stretch and the MM53. The form factor and weight/balance of those guns just fit my style the best.

See picasa link for pics and vids.

https://picasaweb.google.com/100912...authkey=Gv1sRgCMms-cud-YG99gE&feat=directlink

-HH

( pardon the nasty inclusion of the Uzi in that album).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts