HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caveat: I'm a long-time firearm and HK owner, but just dipping my toe into the NFA waters as an owner, rather than a lucky friend of others with nice things

As the now-owner of a a HK45T, a CT, and a SP5, I want to start the paperwork to get my first suppressor. Knowing lead-times are increasing, and my wallet's on the lighter side from the things noted in the prior sentence, are there any good suppressor options that (with reconfiguration, of course) will work well for both the HK45 pistols and the SP5?

"Jack of all trades, master of none" is usually the name of the game, but I was curious if there were any good 'my first suppressor' options that would work reasonably well with both.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Always a fan of the SiCo Octane or Omega cans Omega K - SilencerCo Easy to swap out between .45 and 9mm for direct thread or using a 3 lug. The K won't be the quietest, but size/weight is nice.

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
I’m pretty happy with the Octane 45HD. Sounds really good on a .45 & a flush tri-lug mount is available.

Reactions: HKGuns

·
Registered
305 Posts
I got a SiCo hybrid and yea Jack of all trades master of none, but it works and it covers a lot of bases. And i shoot it without hearing protection with sub and non and it does what it needs to do. If you wanna message me I can show you a couple videos.

·
Premium Member
3,882 Posts
The Rugged Obsidian 45 is a nice option as well
+1. Great can. Works with both piston and 3 lug, can be configured either short or long, and user serviceable. If you get one, I wouldn’t bother with also getting the 9mm endcap. It doesn’t affect the performance on 9mm much, and there is a good chance that one day you’ll forget to swap the endcaps.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
I like the SilencorCo Hybrid 46. It's fairly light, reasonable length, super quiet and has several options, like a "brake" insert for the front. It will handle both calibers but is also full auto rated for rifle cartridges up to .458 SOCOM. I consider it a jack of all trades can. Not the shortest, lightest or cheapest but it performs well on multiple platforms. Here's a photo mounted on an AR-15 with .22 cal conversion kit. We were shooting sub-sonic .22 in the back yard.
Glove Plant Grass Gas Asphalt

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
@NFARVW Do you sell cans as well?
Yes and no. I'm an RP on multiple FFL/SOT's and can put you in touch with a shop that would absolutely take care of you. They also give my patrons (PM for info so I don't spam links here) $25 above cost on guns and $50 above cost on suppressors. Great guys!

·
Registered
70 Posts
+1. Great can. Works with both piston and 3 lug, can be configured either short or long, and user serviceable. If you get one, I wouldn’t bother with also getting the 9mm endcap. It doesn’t affect the performance on 9mm much, and there is a good chance that one day you’ll forget to swap the endcaps.
Another vote for the Rugged Obsidian.

I also agree that there is no point in getting the 9mm endcap. I don't have one for my obsidian and I also don't have a .223 endcap for my Omega. Its a lot of work IMO for minimal gains and if you forget to swap them back... Your can or at least pieces of it go flying down range

·
Registered
118 Posts
I use an Obsidian 45 on my HK45CT. I haven't yet tried it on my P30SK, but I'm confident that it'll perform admirably. It's the only pistol suppressor that I have any experience with, but I can wholeheartedly recommend it.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
@NFARVW - Any thoughts on the Sig MODX-45? It seems like some good features and flexibility…

·
HKPRO Professional
273 Posts
I run an octane 45. It's good with both calibers. For info, in the 9mm, I run 147gr standard ammo, so there is no supersonic 9mm input I can provide.
If you are near NW Oregon, you are welcome to come try mine. I have several pistons if you have a threaded barrel - else you can shoot my guns.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If you want/need a modular can, go with the aforementioned Obsidian 45 or the DA Ghost 45. If you don't want/need a modular can, consider the CGS Nautilus 45. Personally, I think you should forget the whole "one can for both" idea and just get a dedicated 45 can and a dedicated 9mm can, even if you have to save up a little longer. I promise that you are eventually going to end up with both anyway. I say get a DA Wolfman for the SP5 and a CGS Nautilus 45 for the pistol(s).

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
I have the Rugged Obsidian 45 and use it on my VP9 and my HK45c. I also have used it on my Ruger mk4 .22. It’s as quiet or quieter as any suppressor on the market for any of those calibers. The customer service is really great. The can itself is made of the best materials and is user friendly for cleaning . What else is there to say?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts