HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading most of the forum threads here, I haven't seen any reports of malfunctions. I'm especially impressed with the "try to break my P2000 and HK45" threads. For my part I've put 3000-4000 rounds through my USPc 40 and have never had so much as a hiccup. Lots of cheap, dirty stuff too. I bought it used, with a lot of internal wear on the barrel and slide, so who knows how many rounds have been through it by now.

To cut to the chase, have any of you ever had a malfunction with your hk that wasn't attributable to bad ammo or maintenance practice? How about rifle clones, like Vector or JLD/PTR? I've got a V51L on order, I've heard generally positive things about them too.

·
Registered
815 Posts
All malfunctions I've had, were bad ammo. USPc9mm and P30, WWB and Magtech. Two or three total out of 1000's of rounds.

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
All malfunctions I've had, were bad ammo. USPc9mm and P30, WWB and Magtech. Two or three total out of 1000's of rounds.
Same here. Bad ammo, or a few times when it was REALLY dirty and had been oiled during shooting, then let cake up before being shot again.

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
you havent heard about any because it just doesnt happen

·
Registered
390 Posts
I think one of the biggest problems HK had is with their handgun magazine springs going bad. As far as clones are concerned there are way more reported problems with them compared to real HK's.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Of the thousands of rounds I have through my HK's the ONLY malfunction I have had was with Remington UMC 9mm 115 grain ammo with my new P2K. The malfunctions all occured with less then 100 rounds on the gun. After a break in with heavier ammo there were no more issues. My HK's have been extremely reliable and never an issue other then something ammo related.

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
Let me elaborate about "bad ammo" - The few FTF's I've had were always with cheap gunshow reloads that had a crimp in the neck below the bullet. The case has a larger than normal diameter and won't chamber fully. I am usually careful to look for those when I'm loading mags, but sometimes at the range I'll get in a hurry and overlook some.

I've had a few rounds that did chamber full, but could not be manually ejected (during training where we were clearing the weapon even though the mags weren't empty). In those cases, I just fired downrange and the empty ejected just fine.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah that's pretty much what I was expecting. I had an FTF once with a rental USPf 45, but I'm pretty sure that was a dirty mag. It sure is nice to have a pistol that will always, always go bang when the trigger is pulled! Still trying to save up enough for HK pistol #2 ...

·
Registered
178 Posts
This issue has nothing to do with the way my AA USP40C shoots. After about every 3500 rounds or so the c-clip that holds the recoil spring on the guide rod falls off. The c-clip is only there to make it easier to disassemble and reassemble the slide components for cleaning. The only way I found out the c-clip fell off was during disassemble when the guide rod spring and guide rod disassembled themselves in my hands. HK fixed this issue with a new design.

Never had an FTF FTE or any other issues for that matter.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Everything malfunctions. Including HK. It may not be common, but it does happen.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I had one malfunction in my USP Compact 9mm when it was brand new. That was it. My USP 45's have been perfect. But I think my USP Expert 45 has a problem. My P2000 has been a great weapon, so much in fact that I bought two more!

·
Registered
173 Posts
i have only had two malfunctions of any kind with any of my hks both were in my uspf 45 and both with remington umc ammo, about three months apart. wwb, speer, heck even blazer brass no problems at all.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Everything mechanical eventually breaks or wears out. Now, that being said, both local gunshops tell me that they have had EVERY brand of weapon in for repairs, except HKs. I have carried a stainless USP 45 on duty for 5 years with NO malfunctions, shooting it at least once monthly. The only thing that I do not do with any weapon is to dry fire it without a "snap cap" nor load them by dropping a round into the chamber. Broken firing pins and chipped extractors can happen with any weapon.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Only problems with late USP .40 - due to too long cartridge (was something like 2mm over the max lenght by the specs).

Nothing else, never. If Hk fails, it's broken. And that's more than rare.

SAM

ps. Comparision to CZ75, which had 2-3 misfires in every 1000 rounds. Mostly failure to eject.

·
Registered
126 Posts
the only malfunctions i've had were attributed to the magazine. the welds on the back of the mag were broken, so i called hk and they are going to replace it for free.....other than that, the hk's i have perform flawlessly always. i love HK.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Malfunctions

I've had my HK 93 for nearly 20 years - thousands of rounds fired - cheapest junk I could get - NEVER a SINGLE jam, FTF, FTE or other problem.

Just got the HK 45 . . .It even feeds EMPTY cartridges! Not expecting to have any problems here either.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts