HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Saw last nite. HIGHLY recommended. If I recall, it was "SEAL Team 7" when they showed a caption towards the beginning of the movie. Only issue I have is the mini-gun(s) scene, the enemy would have been decimated, not crouched down and pinned down.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Saw Valor over the week end..great movie. Saw "Safe House" and think most of the pistols were HK's....
Another good action movie.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Great movie!! Wife and I went to see it on Saturday afternoon date. She actually loved it and was into it the whole movie. I think it gives us civilians as close of a look as we can get into what they do and how they operate.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
And the best part about it is the gear and tactics are newer and better than what was shown.

I'm waiting for a good Haj copy.

·
Premium Member
3,924 Posts
It looked like all MP5s were in the hands of the bad guys. And they all got waxed.
And Mexican spec operators who were helping the Team at the end

·
Registered
308 Posts
Yeah, I saw a few, I can't wait for the bluray. I also loved the dual mounted M2s on the SURC boat; delivering a full inch of "**** you" 1200 times a minute.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
The computer effects showing the maps and where they were heading was a little too corny looking. Made me think I was watching a NatGeo or History Chan documentary. It kept taking me out of the mood of the movie.

Acting was adequate. Not enough HKs in the hands of the good guys. The assault on the shack could have been handled a lot better with MP5SDs but they were using some M4s or something like that. Saw the move last February so I'm just working from distant memory now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The computer effects showing the maps and where they were heading was a little too corny looking. Made me think I was watching a NatGeo or History Chan documentary. It kept taking me out of the mood of the movie.

Acting was adequate. Not enough HKs in the hands of the good guys. The assault on the shack could have been handled a lot better with MP5SDs but they were using some M4s or something like that. Saw the move last February so I'm just working from distant memory now.
I thought it made it feel "call of dutyish" that and the 1st POV shooting took me out a bit. I can deal with the bad acting, these are elite door kickers, not elite hollywood hippy fundraisers...I did like it overall though. I know my boy will love it so I'll pick it up.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I thought it made it feel "call of dutyish" that and the 1st POV shooting took me out a bit. I can deal with the bad acting, these are elite door kickers, not elite hollywood hippy fundraisers...I did like it overall though. I know my boy will love it so I'll pick it up.
I just watched it a few days ago and I feel the same way. I think the call of duty feel was intentional to make it seem...I dont know? But Im certain it felt like that for a reason.
I had heard all about the bad acting, but I couldnt care any less for the exact reason you pointed out.
I give it a two thumbs up; did watch again.

·
Registered
854 Posts

agreed...however the movie's budget and certain 'Government Limitations' meant they had to go go with more easily acquired hardware...I imagine the 416 wasn't in use by Naval Special Warfare when the concept was started and shooting began...Mouse McCoy started the project almost 4 years ago shortly following "Dust To Glory" (also an AWESOME documentary by him) and the Colt M4 was still in service then I believe....

·
Registered
546 Posts
Watched it twice yesterday (was on a LONG drive). The acting was very robotic but it does give you an appreciation for what good acting is. I really enjoyed all of it but the finale in the milk factory, felt that could have been better. In the beginning as they are speeding away from the bad guys in Costa Rica one o the team yells, "Chief, give me your M4". Other than that there was no specific mention of another firearm. Pretty sure it was a 226 near the end that the team member fires one handed down the tunnel after he has been wounded multiple times.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts