HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely love the look of the new P30. It looks like it would feel very comfortable in my hand. The only thing I don't like about it is how the reviewer commented about the magazines catching up when he tried to do speedy reloads (Latest Issue Of Guns & Ammo: Handguns). I also would like to get one in .40 S&W rather than 9x19. Anyone know if HK plans on releasing a .40 S&W version?

Thanks!

·
Registered
616 Posts
doubt it, its was designed as a military weapon as was the hk45 and 40 isnt a nato round. If there is enough US demand, I suppose they might, but I certainly dont think it was part of the original plan.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I, however, am quite certain that the P30 as well as the P30L (which the police in Norway is getting) will be available in .40SW sooner rather than later.

Why? Simply because HK knows that LE and civillians in the USA are craving this particular caliber (for whatever reasons), and it would be foolish for them not to offer those pistols in this caliber.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I think HK is starting to change entire pistols for caliber rather than designing one pistol in 40, and modifying the rest to fit 9mm and 45.

So instead of having a USPc available in 9mm, .40, .357 sig, and 45 acp, you'll have the option to buy the P30, P2000, or HK45c. That seems to be the direction they're slowly moving towards. Because after all, isn't it a compromise to design a weapon for 40 and adjust it to fit the 9mm? The 13 round capacity of the 9mm P2000 sure makes me think so...

But it should be said that I don't have any idea how the P30, P2000, an HK45c relate to each other size wise. If they are the same size, I'd say I'm possibly correct. If the P30 is more of a full size gun, than I'm not right unless there is a compact version coming out.

I'll be the first to admit, I haven't done a lot of reading on the HK45 or P30. And only because I'm standardizing on the .40 round, so they don't appeal much to me at this point.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah HK would be an idiot not to make these things in .40 S&W. United States Law Enforcement agencies primarily use the .40 S&W round and to not offer their latest pistol in that caliber is close saying that they do not want that weapon in the hands of American police officers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
this is a very interesting thread. it is as already been said:
does HK want any of the US LE market? it's a tough sell.

Between the Glock 22 and the Sig P226 in .40 S&W, that's the majority of the agencies. Now add the M&P 40, designed specifically to combat the Glock 22, and designed specifically for the .40 S&W cartridge

The P2000 is a great duty gun, esp. in the LEM, small size, light polymer and made for the .40 cartridge, but how many agencies have picked it up? None in the San Francisco Bay Area that I'm aware of. A very large market for LE agencies.

my opinion, gets down to marketing, little or no marketing here on the west coast where I'm at. So is there really any incentive to invest in .40. I'm guessing not, but I'm holding out hope and my USPc 40 with 5 lb LEM

·
Registered
48 Posts
HK knows that the P30 will have no hope in the LE market here unless it's chambered in .40 cal. However, the P30 morphed from the P2000, (which is suited for .40 cal), into a specific upsized 9mm requirement for the European LE market. It was not designed as a NATO gun to my knowledge. Having not yet examined the P30, the only reason that I think that would complicate its conversion to .40 would be if HK deliberately trimmed the grip dimensions as much as possible that the slightly wider grip dimensions to accomodate double-stack .40 cal would be prohibitive. Nevertheless, HK is likely to survey market response to the pistol in its current configuration in 9mm before investing further R&D dollars into configuring it as a .40 cal. The good thing is that if HK were trying to release this as a .40 cal we would have likely been in for an even longer wait. Why HK won't release the LEM trigger configuration to the general public is completely beyond me. I love the LEM.

Tim

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
At this point I have given up on the P30 or the HK45 coming into the States in any caliber.

·
Registered
46 Posts
But it should be said that I don't have any idea how the P30, P2000, an HK45c relate to each other size wise. If they are the same size, I'd say I'm possibly correct. If the P30 is more of a full size gun, than I'm not right unless there is a compact version coming out.
Comparisons are always a bit tricky, with that in mind:

---P2000 pretty similar in size to Glock 19

---P30 pretty similar in size to Walther P99 or Sig 229

---HK45c pretty similar in size to Glock 17

---P30L pretty similar in size to Sig P226 / USPf (9x19)

---HK45 is a tad larger than USP.45

·
Registered
381 Posts
Hopefully we will see a P30 in .40 S&W with 15 round magazines that are compatible with the P2000. (I can hope, can't I?)

·
Registered
5,367 Posts
If the P30 is chambered for .40sw, I may get one some time. My next Heckler & Koch is going to be a HK45 - in the mean time Im looking for an FNP 40sw. in SAO configuration.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts