HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is another question for you guys that know more about HK than I do (virtually all of you especially since I am a new HK owner).

On another forum that I visit, one of the members their claims that the P30 series is being redesigned in order to make it more "competitive" with some of this year's new-fangled pistols. I really have my doubts if for no other reason than he happens to be of the family of posters that considers his opinion to be fact and seems to have difficulty recognizing what should go into the category of opinion and what should go into the category of fact.

I am really not sure whether he is talking about LEM becoming more integrated across the platform or possibly some design modification that makes the HK reset seem more definitive or shorter like the Walther PPQ. I have a P30 LEM and while the reset is not as definitive as the PPQ reset it is more than adequate for my purposes and I just do not think the the reset is as long as some describe it. I cannot claim to have much of an opinion regarding non-LEM P30's cause I have not handled a non-LEM P30 in a long time. However if the reset is about what it is on my LEM then I really do not think some of the descriptions I see for the P30 reset are fair as to length. I guess that might not be unusual for firearms as it is hard to find balanced opinions. If somebody favors something else they often have difficulty fairly rating anything else. Glock probably takes more abuse than it deserves just as an example.

Anyway, any opinions here about possible redesign of the P30 platform and if in the works, any idea what some of the design criteria might be?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Doubtful, IMO.

HK seems to put a lot of thought in their pistols, then leaves them alone. Look at the USP and it's consistency over the years.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If HK did a new striker, I would guess that they would give it a nomenclature all its own and leave the P30 as is. As usual I could be off base with that but it makes more sense to me than considering a new striker as superseding the P30. HK has a good deal of history and work involved in the evolution of the pistol line that includes the P30 and I can't see that all going down the drain for a striker fired pistol.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I heard that trigger changes were "being worked on; shorter trigger travel" by someone who should know. I didn't ask for details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts