HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is my original post from Carrera's LEM conversion video post which was extremely helpful to me. At end of post are questions regarding hammer springs available for HK45c. Not experienced in posting on forums and not sure how to link. I purchased two guns, one LEM (AK) and one V1 (BB), both factory new - I did not change out either hammer spring the LEM spring appeared to be powder coated black and identical to the hammer spring I received in LEM light kit from HK Parts. The V1 hammer spring is a gold color and appears to be a gold color. Apologize for long post..... any input appreciated.

"First time post, have been more of a stalker on the site for quite some time. Would like to thank Carrera and BigBore for their posts on LEM conversions along with the many other members of this site. Because of BigBore's posts I decided to make LEM light conversions on my LEM P2000sk's over Thanksgiving while wife was out shopping - she started at 10pm Thanksgiving night and returned 5pm next day without mother-in-law. Had about one hour of patient frustration with the first TRS but managed two others in about half the time. Regarding the LEM, I had never measured the trigger weights on my P2000sk's but like the idea of the LEM trigger. I have 1911, XD/XDM's, PPS and G26 and have nothing against any of these triggers and target shoot all of these guns better than the LEM - until conversion to the LEM light and now would consider myself equal with all.

In fact, I liked the LEM light so much better I ordered two HK45c's for Christmas - one advertised on GB as HK factory "lem light match trigger" and a V1. I put 100 rnds through each and really enjoyed the V1 trigger but not as much as my LEM lights. I am not sure what "lem light match trigger" was supposed to mean but it was far from being light. I eventually ordered a LEM light conversion kit for the V1 and additional set of light springs (TRS, FPBS) for the LEM. Last Friday night I began to prepare for the conversions by printing out instructions, etc, as the wife was planning another shopping trip on Saturday - see a theme developing? Low and behold while I was printing out instructions I ran into Carrera's post and what a blessing.... I ran my laptop with video while doing the full LEM conversion and cannot imagine how that day may have turned out without it. I did run into issue by either incorrectly assembling the cocking piece or hammer strut. When I had everything back together I tried to rack the slide and was a big no-go and pretty much locked up. After a little investigation and video replay I did a complete disassembly/reassembly with much more success. For the other HK45c which was already LEM, I replaced with TRS and FPBS with light springs from HK Parts. What I pulled out of this gun appeared to be a light FPBS and heavy TRS.

Now here is where I need a little help. When I did the light conversions on my P2000sk's all triggers felt very consistent and much lighter, not sure I would want any lighter. In comparison the HK45C's yo yjr sk's, the V1 is only slightly heavier but the 45c which was originally LEM seems a good 1-2 lb heavier even with the light springs installed? When dry firing you can both feel and hear a difference between the two 45c's. I removed the back straps on both guns and noticed that the hammer springs are different - both are original as purchased. The hammer spring on the V1 original model appears to be a lighter spring and has gold color. The hammer spring on the gun purchased as HK factory "lem light match trigger" appears heavier and is definitely black in color. I am confident that the black hammer spring is cause of the heavier trigger.

Can I change out to lighter hammer spring without concerns over light hammer strike? Are there variations in factory hammer springs between factory V1 and LEM? Again, thanks to everyone on this site, I really appreciate the amount of expertise that is shared."

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
What does the label on the box of the "Light LEM match trigger" HK45c say? If you could attach a pic, that'd be better. I don't think there is an official HK Light LEM Match Trigger on a HK45c (there is one called Match + LEM Hybrid Trigger, which is standard on the USP Combat Competition models). So, unless the gun is used and modified by the previous owner, I think it was probably mis-advertised.

Hammer springs coming from HK factory can be different color. For example, a hammer spring that comes on a HK factory USP full-size can be Blue, whereas if you purchase a replacement part, it's Black. I've seen them like that in my P30s and P2000.

If your HK45c is indeed a Light LEM version, you already have the light version of the FPBS and TRS. So what you did was putting in what's already in your gun. It's easy to tell if you have the heavy TRS. The spring has square spring, as opposed to round.

The picture below is a cut-out from the HK45/HK45c Manual. It shows that the FPBS part is 209296, which is the Light FPBS. Same as the one that you bought separately.

The TRS on the left is LIGHT and the one on the right is HEAVY.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks TooSixy, I like the way you think. I got both cases out, both say HK45C-V1-BLK and P/N 234013NH which cements your suspicions. The LEM version I bought off of GB was advertised by dealer who usually advertises multiple HK's - especially HK45's. Gun was advertised as factory new lem light match trigger and I also talked with him on phone prior to purchase to ask if LEM was factory installed - dealer confirmed "yes" and pull was around 4.5-5 lb. The exact gun is listed on GB right now by the same dealer...........

Before doing the conversion I read "alot" of posts on the subject which included descriptions of the square style legs on the heavy TRS and if doing full LEM conversion on V1 to leave in all factory springs - which I did for the V1 purchased gun. What I pulled out of the LEM 45c gun was definitely the heavy (square) spring and light FPBS. What raised my suspicion even before inspecting the TRS was the heavy pull compared to the p2sk's I had already converted to LEM light. The p2sk's and 45c use same TRS and FPBS for the light conversion.

Until your suggestion I NEVER THOUGHT TO READ THE LABEL ON THE BOX, maybe you should do a video on that for those of us who sorta bypass that step! Oh well, I'm not giving up on it and will contact HK to see if I can get a hammer spring same as the one in my original V1 now converted LEM.

In the meantime, buyer beware and thanks for your input, really appreciate it!

Targa

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
anyone know exactly what 2 hammer springs are included in the LEM kits (HKParts)? Having not used any of them (V1 to light LEM conversions), I got a whole lotta springs over here, hopefully I have the one you're looking for.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
anyone know exactly what 2 hammer springs are included in the LEM kits (HKParts)? Having not used any of them (V1 to light LEM conversions), I got a whole lotta springs over here, hopefully I have the one you're looking for.
Those hammer springs are for heavy LEM, so it will make the trigger pull heavier. The shorter spring is the one for HK45c.

·
Registered
40 Posts
What does the label on the box of the "Light LEM match trigger" HK45c say? I don't think there is an official HK Light LEM Match Trigger on a HK45c............ So, unless the gun is used and modified by the previous owner, I think it was probably mis-advertised.
**New Guy Alert!!**

So, what would the label look like if it was indeed a factory LEM? Is there such a configuration? Do we think Targa's gun is a SA/DA that was modified to LEM after it left the factory and a seller said it was a 'light match' trigger??

Sorry if this is basic stuff, but I'm still figuring out the HK world and want a 45c really bad...........................thanks.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
**New Guy Alert!!**

So, what would the label look like if it was indeed a factory LEM? Is there such a configuration? Do we think Targa's gun is a SA/DA that was modified to LEM after it left the factory and a seller said it was a 'light match' trigger??

Sorry if this is basic stuff, but I'm still figuring out the HK world and want a 45c really bad...........................thanks.
It would say V2 on the label. There is no official Match Trigger or Light LEM + Match Trigger available for HK45c.

·
Registered
40 Posts
It would say V2 on the label. There is no official Match Trigger or Light LEM + Match Trigger available for HK45c.
Thank you sir!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts