HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I am the owner of a PTR91 rifle, I have caught myself trying to search for different things lately that I know I have read about in the past such as swapping out a cocking tube end cap or if any particular ammo seems to be preferred by the rifle. I have usually found what I am looking for, but sometimes only after quite a bit of searching. I know that there are some specific threads pertaining to the "USP" and "HK45" in other sections. What if we make a PTR91 specific thread here in the "Clone" section to place information that we find out whether it might be a specific brand or lot of ammo that will not cycle these rifles well or whatever might seem pertinent. i wasn't so much thinking of having pics in this thread as I feel that is handled well by the pic thread in the "Clone" section. Does this sound like something that could be useful to the forum? Thanks for your thoughts!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Absolutely, I found a thread concerning good surplus ammo to run through these things and cant for the life of me find it again. Maybe even set it up as a frequently asked questions kind of thing with links to threads under certain topics

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
You could also start a group. Go to the top and look for 'Community' find 'Groups' in the drop down menu.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
joedirt81, I totally understand your situation!! There are things that I have searched for and researched about before I had the firearm that it was pertaining to and once I had that firearm in hand, I could not find it to save my life.

ecsuser, that's a great idea. I never thought of that and honestly forgot that there were groups on here.

Thanks guys for your thoughts and input.

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Absolutely, I found a thread concerning good surplus ammo to run through these things and cant for the life of me find it again. Maybe even set it up as a frequently asked questions kind of thing with links to threads under certain topics
joedirt81, I totally understand your situation!! There are things that I have searched for and researched about before I had the firearm that it was pertaining to and once I had that firearm in hand, I could not find it to save my life.

ecsuser, that's a great idea. I never thought of that and honestly forgot that there were groups on here.

Thanks guys for your thoughts and input.

Some of the threads that you guys are searching for and cannot find anymore may have been deleted by the admin for various reasons. Especially if it was an old thread that was ammo related.

That being said, as a fellow PTR-91 owner, I too would be interested in a dedicated thread/group.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is there any advantage to making a specific group for a certain topic instead of making a specific thread? Can anyone give us the some details on which way may be the better option? The group option seems like a nice one except for seeming like it is out of the normal traffic of the section. I know personally I have never paid much attention to the groups. What do y'all think on which direction to start?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
A sticky thread if the mods allow would be best.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts