HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about quality, cleanliness, accuracy; you know the usual stuff. This is my first gun of this caliber so I literally have zero experience with ammo LOL Also as an aside whats the consensus on the "best" match ammo for this thing? THANK YOU! :)

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
The MEN ammo is good, I use it in several 762x51 precision rifles.

Arms Unlimited frequently carries it: https://www.armsunlimited.com/MEN-D...80-NATO-Ammo-147-Grain-p/men762a-fmj-case.htm

As for the best: Federal Premium Gold Medal Sierra Match King Boat-Tail Hollow Point in 168gr. or 175gr. (AKA: Federal GMM SMK BTHP) (search MPN GM762M2) (search UPC 029465060640)

It's the gold standard against which all other match 308 ammunition is measured.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Ive shot it on my .308 gas guns and its good to go, the best you get is 1.5 moa with it. My buddy has a MR762 and tried that german stuff as well, he had no issues at all. That MR762 he has eats anything you feed it.

Federal Gold Metal Match produces a 762x51 round (as mentioned by Mr.MAIM), that fed well in it too and was about .5 MOA at 100 with it and to 600 no issues making 1 MOA (6 inch square steel).

Give it a shot! (pardon the pun)

·
Registered
272 Posts
Yeah, I've used it quite a bit, not greatly accurate, but not too bad: 1.5 MOA on a good day. To start with, I used to think it was rubbish, but my respect for it has grown.

I gave it a run at 940m last week with strong and switchy wind for a giggle.
Marginally effective at best - which is actually better than I expected. Given the bullet, the fact that it was any use at all at that range was surprising.

I've not really found off the shelf ammo that this thing likes. My 175 HPMK reloads are OK but hardly stunning. I've had great success with S&B 175 Match ammunition in my bolt guns, my last two groups were in the twos and threes, but the MR308 barely cuts 1 MOA with it.

In the end, I've decided to replace the (still horrid) trigger to see if I can improve my performance on the rifle. It only just arrived this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.