HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, what is your carry method and how do you dress for it? I am not new to CC but always look for a better way. I am in Florida so cover has to be limited and IWB is almost a given. Just curious.

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
I go back and forth on whether or not I like the 45C for concealed carry but I will say that I have concealment express and compact iwb holsters that both work well for it. At the end of the day a lot of it will depend on your billed and your attire.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I used to carry the HK45C before selling it back in CA. It wasn't hard to AIWB, but I think if I had to do it all over, I'd go V7 LEM. the peaks of the safety levers rubbed my skin on long drives, more so than the USP 45 C I carried alternatively. But lately I've been carrying my P99/PDP hybrid more due to capacity and the string of crime around the country. I think once I RMR another 45/45C I'll carry that again.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If so, what is your carry method and how do you dress for it? I am not new to CC but always look for a better way. I am in Florida so cover has to be limited and IWB is almost a given. Just curious.
Difficult in warm climates to tote an Hk45c, no doubt. My Hk45ct is for winter carry. In Summer I carry a Glock 43x. I also always carry OWB with everything. A great belt will allow you to crank OWB better than IWB in some cases, like appendix draw orientation. You may consider wearing patterned shirts to break up the outline if printing is a legal concern where you are. You have to be careful you don’t end up dressing like Ellen Degeneres, I guess.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the responses, I think those carrying gave me an idea of the feasibility. I don’t worry about printing much (former LEO) but going from the thin profile of a 1911 to the 45c Will be change for me. Pocket carry in cargo shorts was an interesting idea. Makes tshirt possible but would take a deep, strongly constructed pocket, lol. Think the Crossbreed type holster might be worth a look. Thanks to all who responded.(y)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Carried mine for a day or two before I realized I shouldn’t be.

It’s an FDE/Sand/Ral8000? 45C from the limited run in 2014. I was not aware that it was a rare one so I switched to my p30 lem.

no issues regarding it though, loved the flexibility though, cocked n locked like a 1911 or decocked without safety on like a p226. As for holsters I used a Neptune Concealment and it worked flawlessly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Been carrying my USP 45c almost 20 years, any season. Use a IWB leather holster, too old to remember the brand but it's like a glove, always at the 3:00 position. Tried app/1:30 position but not comfortable and sitting is really uncomfortable. Use a jacket if shirts tucked in. She is the best compact I own.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have carried my hk45ct for a bit but since our last mass shooting it’s been my suppressed SBR. Much easier to conceal carry.
My hk45ct I carry in a thigh holster open carry or conceal carry in my pocket of my Viktos cargo pants.

View attachment 338021
:cool:That is an excellent table. Now I know what to do with all of these "look at me" stickers that I have accumulated.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts