HKPRO Forums banner

Any one have an opinion on the Blackhawk CQC Serpa?

4K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  ColtM1911A1 
#1 ·
I bought a Safariland before I even got the pistol and it really is not what I was looking for, I am not a PO I just need to keep it on my hip at the lease and possibly CCW, but thats rare.

I like the looks of the Blackhawk and it seems versitile for a paddle and hip holster.

any ideas?

Anyone want a Brand new Safariland for cheap? I dont need Level III, I hate to sit on a $150 holster that someone could use.

#2 ·
Blackhawk Holster

I have Blackhawks with Serpa Auto lock for my HK USP Compact .45 and for my Kimber 1911 .45. They are great holsters with both belt loop and paddle attachments. You will not be disappointed. Incidentally, the holster I bought for my HK USPc .45 also fits my HK USPc 9mm.

#8 ·
Ditto. Use it for CCW with w/ paddle adjusted to FBI cant. I wear it @ 3:00 w/Longer/darker sweaters, poloshirts, sweatshirts or patterned flannel shirts.

Wore it w/ dark golf cardigan, dress shirt & dockers for big family holiday get-to-gether at a restaurant; nobody made me.

#4 ·
Good bang for the buck on the Blackhawk Serpa's. You get to choose between paddle or loop configuration all in one package. Check the recent post about a HKPro member who is an LEO and had to fight a perp to keep his firearm from being taken from him. He uses a Serpa and it held true during the fight. For us civis, excellent holster for the range as I use it all the time. I can't CCW in NYC, so not sure how well it hides in those conditions. Price is right and it works, plain and simple.

#5 ·
Everyone seems to like them, I cant get the one I want though, I dont need the Serpa, but they only make the CF version for the Compact without Serpa.

Will the Full fit the compact holster, maybe the barrel will just stick out?

Best price I found is like 39 shipped for the carbon texture serpa version for the full.

#11 ·
Nice under jacket

The Serpa paddle is nice under a jacket, but I think it carries too far from the body to work under a polo shirt. I carry my P2000sk in one for the P2000, but there is no specific model for the P2000sk. The holster is about a half inch too long.

It does work great with a Woolrich Elite lightweight discrete carry vest. A Fist-inc IWB is much better for warm weather carry.

#12 ·
Thats my only complaint about the SERPA as well. The one for my J-frame sticks out very far. Again, with a coat no problem but very obvious in a t-shirt. However, I can't really blame them, they probably had to make it this way because of the cylinder bulge on the revolver and in order for it to remain strong.

Other than that, it is a great holster. Very natural to unlock with no fumbling.

#19 · (Edited)
I must be the odd-man-out regarding this holster...don't like them at all, way too thick, IMO, for CCW. I also don't like the fact that Mr. Murphy could/might/has surfaced with this design; missing that release or having it malfunction during a life-threatening situation could lead to devastating results for the owner of the CQB...

I prefer 'tighter-against-the-body' OWB leather holsters versus the polymers (or this design specifically) for CCW. At the range, the Blackhawk holster would be fine, but (having said that) I also like to draw my weapon from whatever I carry it in everyday, so I don't buy/use them...

Edit: To be fair, I see alot of these holsters with my students and most seem to like them...good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.