HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed the last batch of Wolf WPA is packaged in 20 round square boxes with the 20 rounds wrapped in paper. Anyone know if any differences in the ammo ... have not made it to range to try in the MM23eK yet.

Also while asking what is the difference between 223 WPA and the 223 military classic from Wolf ... at one time though it was boxer vs berdian primers.

Thanks
John

·
Registered
388 Posts
New WPA is using polymer instead of lacquer, and they're packagaing it like the original wolf ammo to save on packaging costs.

Just ran a couple belts of the newer WPA through my mm23e (62 gr, fmj). Ran flawlessly and no short stroking or hiccups. Haven't tried the 55grs though so can't really provide any feedback on that.
Works great on my ar15s too.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
They sure did... changed over to polymer 5-6 years ago...

·
Registered
6,399 Posts
Thought they had gong to polymer for a few years now, was the 20 round boxes a year or thee ago.

Thanks
Yeah, they've been using polymer coating for years now.

I bought 2,000 rounds of the new stuff in the little square (rectangle) boxes that you are talking about, in 55 grain. And I've gone through about 300 rounds in my V53 and CA53AR, in full auto. Used it in my AR15 SBR too. It has worked identically to the stuff that preceded it. No apparent change at all.

I think they just went with the new packaging because it's cheaper. No more little plastic divider supports.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Yeah, they've been using polymer coating for years now.

I bought 2,000 rounds of the new stuff in the little square (rectangle) boxes that you are talking about, in 55 grain. And I've gone through about 300 rounds in my V53 and CA53AR, in full auto. Used it in my AR15 SBR too. It has worked identically to the stuff that preceded it. No apparent change at all.

I think they just went with the new packaging because it's cheaper. No more little plastic divider supports.
+1 Thats about it and those little paper squares are cheaper than the plastic dividers I'm guessing.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
Sure... and you can pile'em all up and light'em off without setting the range Nazis off at just about any shoot. Everybody usually has a grill of some sort out anyhow. Paper makes a lot less smoke than grease burgers... and a lot less nasty than burning plastic (plus that take forever and messes up the grill... axe me how I know).

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No issue with the packing, plus don't have to pull it out of the plastic to link. Guess next step is getting Russians to ship it in M27 links with one in five tracer ... never mind think they already outlawed that.

Take Care

1 - 10 of 10 Posts