HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been waiting for almost 2 months for HKParts to get in the P30 threaded barrels in 1/2 x 28 (basically a P30L barrel that's been threaded) but haven't received any word on when they will get them in, but they are on order apparently.

I'm not too keen on the EFK barrels as I've read horror stories about them. Are there any other options or does anyone know where I can get a used P30 9mm threaded barrel?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long of a wait is there currently? I also thought about going through ADCO as well, but I am unsure of the wait time for them too.

·
Premium Member
1,823 Posts
I have 4 EFK barrels and are very happy with them. One of them is a P30 9mm threaded and another is a P30 40cal threaded. The wait is about 3-4 months the best I remember.

·
Registered
160 Posts
If your looking for 1/2x28 threads, ADCO would be my choice and they usually don't take longer than a 7 to 10 day turn around.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I just purchased a p30l barrel from hkparts. I plan to have it threaded for my new p30 in 9mm. Not the most economical way to go, but I got tired of waiting for the threaded ones to get back in stock.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just purchased a p30l barrel from hkparts. I plan to have it threaded for my new p30 in 9mm. Not the most economical way to go, but I got tired of waiting for the threaded ones to get back in stock.
That's the exact same point I am at right now. Are you going to go with ADCO or Tornado technologies for your threading?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Probably Tornado so I can get the 13.5x1 lh metric thread. It looks, like adco only does standard rh threads.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
HK Parts sent out emails the other day.... :)

·
Registered
961 Posts
I had ADCO do my P30 barrel a few weeks ago. I think it was just over $180.00 with thread protector and 8 day turn around. The only thing I didn't like was that he doesn't permanently attach the extension. I had a tubing clamp that I used to use on motocross suspension that fit the p30 barrel perfect, so I cleaned the barrel/extension, clamped the extension and used a box end wrench on the chamber area and tightened it down. Also used a good amount of red thread locker. I'm happy so far.....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I ended up getting the last barrel on HKParts yesterday, so the search is finally over after 4 months! Just got to wait for the paperwork to get back now, which should be only another 2 months.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts