HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Longshot maybe, but: if there is anyone on the forum that has a H&K P30SK with an LEM trigger, near Clearwater / Tampa Florida, who would not mind letting me take a look at it (and, ideally, letting me shoot a box of ammo), please could you let me know here or via PM.

I'm looking at the P30SK for a new CCW pistol. It seems to fit in the sweet spot of reliability, safety, accuracy, size, and mag capacity.

Problem is, you just don't see these in my local shops, let alone at anyplace that rents one.

I'm actually in Belleair, but near downtown Clearwater, and could travel up to 100 miles. I would either bring ammo, or buy yours, either way, plus offer to buy you lunch. I'd be happy to meet up at your local range, and/or bring my VP9 to shoot, if you were interested.

I'm retired, so my schedule is flexible.

Thanks a bunch.

Rich

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update: Bought one today. :)

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Looks great, guess SW had one for you then ? Great place BTW & you should check out Reload up on 19 in Tarpon.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks great, guess SW had one for you then ? Great place BTW & you should check out Reload up on 19 in Tarpon.
Actually it was at Shoot Straight in Clearwater. I've had good luck there.

I am a former member of SW, though, great place to shoot.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Great, I am always in that area...I work nearby somewhat. I need to check out that new SS, I used to go to the older location on US19 before they moved. Congrats.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great, I am always in that area...I work nearby somewhat. I need to check out that new SS, I used to go to the older location on US19 before they moved. Congrats.
It's a decent store.

The range is well ventilated. They allow shooting from a 5 to a max of 20 yards. Usual reasonable safety rules.

I've bought 3 pistols there, prices are ok. Not exactly Buds or Cheaper Than Dirt, but ok.

They had some FDE and Green HK45c's on sale for $850, I dunno if that is a great price or not.

Usual other suspects, Glocks, Sigs, etc., and a long gun counter.

I'm also a former member of WAC as well as FFA in Oldsmar, I'd say SS is at least as good as those. I only shoot at WAC if there is a Steel or USPSA match; I don't like the Public Line much.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice! I'm jonesing for a P30SK LEM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool.

I've still yet to get to the range because:reasons.

Just doing dry practice with some snap caps for now.

I adjusted the grips around and ended up swapping a few panels. Dry presses without cycling the slide is working out; I just press back enough to grab the hammer, then cock it the rest of the way.

So far I really like the feel of the hammer as it releases. I am not seeing much front sight movement at all on either wall drills or my simulated 25 yard B8 bull. It feels much less 'staplegun like' than any striker fired pistol I've ever shot.

My pinky does wrap around the bottom, but oddly it feels ok that way.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1 - 15 of 15 Posts