HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently summer carrying a Walther PPS and im loving the extremely thin single stack profile. It's also extremely comfortable to shoot.

So this got me thinking......with the ccw market selling like crazy in recent years with the PPS, PM9, MP Shield, and others, would HK ever make a polymer frame single stack based on the P2000sk/P30? I know HK hates me but I would love to spend money on a subcompact slimmer than the current P2Ksk. During summer/light clothing months I prefer single stacks for deep ccw.

Any others with thoughts/prayers/hopes/dreams of HK developing a new single stack?

Or do I just need to buy a P7.

·
Super Moderator
6,046 Posts
Probably just buy a P7. HK isn't fond of going back on things they feel aren't as efficient as a modern design. They also build combat handguns, so unless a military contract needs a combat handgun with a single stack, they won't make one.

I love the P7M8, it is the only 9mm in the world that I shoot that well. Next in line would be the M9, because I have so many years on it. But Every time I shoot the P7, I drill nice little holes in whatever I am aiming at.

Beautiful, elegant, perfect weapon, but the design is dated I feel. I would love to see a modern version, but again, Jesus will have to come back before that happens.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wish I could carry a full-size comfortably all year like you.

I do carry a USPc most of the year but it is slightly a problem for me if I want to dress in summer time light clothing. Just prints a little too much for my liking. I could dress differently to conceal easier but for me that's too much hassle, I prefer to use a thin single stack during those times. I guess I just miss my HK during summer carry :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Probably just buy a P7. HK isn't fond of going back on things they feel aren't as efficient as a modern design. They also build combat handguns, so unless a military contract needs a combat handgun with a single stack, they won't make one.

I love the P7M8, it is the only 9mm in the world that I shoot that well. Next in line would be the M9, because I have so many years on it. But Every time I shoot the P7, I drill nice little holes in whatever I am aiming at.

Beautiful, elegant, perfect weapon, but the design is dated I feel. I would love to see a modern version, but again, Jesus will have to come back before that happens.
My interest in the P7 is growing. It's climbing my list of future purchases. It's earned it's reputation for a reason, guess I'm gonna have to try one.

·
Registered
437 Posts
You can carry a full size comfortably. It's all in how you carry it and what you put it in. I tote my P30L all year round, without doing anything special clothing wise except not tucking in my shirt.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
My interest in the P7 is growing. It's climbing my list of future purchases. It's earned it's reputation for a reason, guess I'm gonna have to try one.
Just be aware that they shoot dirty and get HOT. If you're going to shoot one, be sure to keep a can of compressed air in your range bag to help cool it down. I put a box through mine tonight and had to pause to cool and spray it down twice through only 100 rounds. And clean it after every range session.

Well worth it, though. BY FAR, my favorite pistol to shoot. It just feels right in your hand and it's so easy to shoot accurately.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Not me I'll keep packing my full size HK45 year round. It's very comforting.
Very well said indeed, I have one of my HK45s on my hip as I type this.
As the great Mr. Keith once stated "a pistol should be comforting, not comfortable"
My HK45 is definitely comforting.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,373 Posts
I'm a huge fan of the P7 series. You should also check out the P9S. It was offered in both 9mm and .45. Both have single stack mags, have an amazing single action trigger pull and are some of the most accurate pistols out there. They use the roller-locked delayed bolt system derived from the G3, which is not only highly reliable, but also tames recoil.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would be a buyer for an HK with dimensions similar to an M&P Shield, but offered in both DA/SA or LEM, in 9mm, .40, or .357 sig. And if they could integrate the ergonomics of a P30, this would be an incredible ccw.

I’ve got a P7 PSP and carry it occasionally in a VMII. In my opinion, this is a very heavy gun. I prefer to carry my G33 instead. It’s lighter, and has more rounds.

But back on topic, I wish someone would make a hammer fired DA/SA single stack gun, with the size similar to the Shield. But I doubt it’s going to happen anytime soon. If I want something that size, I’ll just have to get the Shield, or PPS and stick with the striker fired system.

·
Registered
312 Posts
If anyone could pull it off well, It would be HK. I don't believe they will, but you never know. It would make good sense for them to with the rapidly growing number of concealed carry permit holders. Honestly though, I have a PM9 and rarely carry it any more. It is just too small for me to pull out from IWB quickly if I ever found myself in a SHTF situation. The frame is very small and there is a strong chance that I would not be able to get a good grip on it and pull it out in time to defend myself. This is why I prefer a full sized frame pistol. It is much easier to get a good solid grip on the frame and get it out quickly.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Since a single-stack striker fired option has no DOD value it goes without saying that HK won't build one...and all of the poor useless HK worshippers like us are SOL

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well if a single stack isn't coming I might have to take a closer look at the P2000sk.

I shyed away from the P2000sk because I have a USP Compact. I didn't think it was a significant size reduction to switch to the SK (1/2" shorter in height/length & similar width) I do like the SK, but I would rather spend my money on something else if it isn't much different from my USPc.

P2000SK and USPc owners what do you think?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well if a single stack isn't coming I might have to take a closer look at the P2000sk.

I shyed away from the P2000sk because I have a USP Compact. I didn't think it was a significant size reduction to switch to the SK (1/2" shorter in height/length & similar width) I do like the SK, but I would rather spend my money on something else if it isn't much different from my USPc.

P2000SK and USPc owners what do you think?
My first HK was a USP.45c. I thought it was too big to carry comfortably on my person. I just got a HK P2000sk a couple of days ago for my edc and couldnt be happier. It is quite a bit smaller and it is very comfy to carry all day. The USP is a great gun, but too big for me to carry all day comfortably. You cant go wrong with the sk for concealment.

·
Registered
854 Posts
My USPc in .40 is not any more difficult to conceal than a Glock...I looked at a P2K in 9mm but decided I would save my pennies for an HK45

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Maybe I'll just buy and carry a MK23 for a week....that'll make everything I own feel like a mini subcompact that would be great to carry :)

On a serious note I have to get a quality IWB holster, from what I've read from other threads here is that it can make a huge difference. I currently carry my USPc in one of those basic $15 IWB holsters. It works but I know there is better out there.

·
Registered
619 Posts
On a serious note I have to get a quality IWB holster, from what I've read from other threads here is that it can make a huge difference. I currently carry my USPc in one of those basic $15 IWB holsters. It works but I know there is better out there.
Just my two cents here man but the holster is essential to being a responsible CCW carrier. It not only will make your life more comfortable when you carry but will also keep the gun where it is supposed to be. Retention is key.
Also just a word to the wise so you dont fall into the back and forth of "my holster rocks and yours sucks" debate. We all have shoeboxes of holsters that other told us were "Sweet" so we bought them. I am an IWB Crossbreed guy (carry both my UPS.45FS, USP.45T, and CT that way.) while another member I went shooting with last weekend is a strictly OWB guy. (Carries his USP.45FS)

Both of us are happy with our current rigs, found what works for us, and dress around them. Think about if you want to carry IWB or OWB, shell out the cash for a good gun belt no matter what, and be willing to spend a little money. I would say to prepare yourself to spend about $60-70 on a good holster and 30-40 on a belt. You will be amazed at the difference it makes

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts