HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought several belts for my MM23E K .308 kit. They seem to work for the most part but I did have a few jams with the .308. I've read several people's posts about how easy the belts were to load. I would like to disagree. After a couple of hundred rounds my thumb gets pretty sore. The .308 belt loaders seem to have dried up.

I have linked up quite a bit of .223 now. I like that you can just chunk any link that doesn't look quite right.

I'm going to buy a linker soon. I'm leaning towards buying one for M13 links and selling my belts. Any reason not to? Are the DM6 links that much better than the M13 links?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,844 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Nope!

Buy links, then buy pickup magnet then buy metal bucket.... Plastic buckets don't last around me and hot barrels.

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
Picking up 100-200 links sucks compared to picking up 1-2 belts.
This...

same reason I absolutely, positively, refuse to use links in my Browning.

·
Registered
117 Posts
"Loading belts is almost as fun as shooting the damn guns!!"

Dude!

I suspect you are doing something wrong!

Loading belts is almost as fun as getting shot at....perhaps!

At the risk of making an overly broad statement, nothing is more fun to load than shoot. But I am a guy, and foreplay was never my strong suit. :)

·
Registered
416 Posts
"Loading belts is almost as fun as shooting the damn guns!!"

Dude!

I suspect you are doing something wrong!

Loading belts is almost as fun as getting shot at....perhaps!

At the risk of making an overly broad statement, nothing is more fun to load than shoot. But I am a guy, and foreplay was never my strong suit. :)
LOL. no, when you own as many belt fed machine guns as we do the different belt loading types get interesting. Matter of fact at all the machine gun shoots we get more comments and pictures on the belt loading proccess than the actual shooting of the guns. Our favorite is the Russian PKM loader over the German MG3/HK21 and MG42. You just know they used a captured Nazi to design it! Wish they made one for the RPD but that is a hand loading process right now

·
Registered
10,256 Posts
No doubt you've got a great collection dude but I can't imagine loading being more fun than UNloading
Yeah... it can get interesting. Picture a bench in the garage with a belt loader bolted down, 4 or 5 buddies over, a grill, food, and a case of beer. The tall tales fly, the lies get wilder, and we can drink without worrying about getting shot... or shooting someone. Just missing a stripper pole, and some chickza...

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah... it can get interesting. Picture a bench in the garage with a belt loader bolted down, 4 or 5 buddies over, a grill, food, and a case of beer. The tall tales fly, the lies get wilder, and we can drink without worrying about getting shot... or shooting someone. Just missing a stripper pole, and some chickza...
AHHHH, The greatness of the BELT LOADING PARTY!!! lol We have those too

·
Registered
117 Posts
MM23e $12000
HK Sear $12000
1000 links $25
Linker $200

Teaching your Mexican landscaper to link a 1000 rds an hour for $10/hr.................... PRICELESS

1 - 19 of 19 Posts